10. Quality Time

"What is your problem? One minute you're thrilled about me being at the studio and the next you're upset. What is it?" Trey asks, crossing his arms.

Trey had just gotten back home to an angry, yet supportive wife at midnight and found her in bed.

"My problem is that you're not home!" Demi shouts, running her hands through her long brown hair before wrapping it in a bun.

"Oh, what about you? Taking lingerie shots, or posing nude? Let's talk about that."

Demi laughs loudly out of pure irritability. "Oh, but you were there and I respected our boundaries! I wasn't even nude. At least I wasn't sleeping with the photographer." She mumbles under her breath.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" Trey asks, trying to get his wife to say what he thought she said.

"I should've slept with the photographer, then we would've been even." She says louder and throws her hands in the air.

"You're always trying to pick a fight with someone. Why don't you just pick someone else for a change?" He shouts as he sits down on the large, plush king bed.

"Because I want you! Ever thought of that? Of course not, you're too busy." She screams before laying down, ready to sleep off the recent events.

She'd begun to ignore the voice in her head reminding her of Trey's grandfather's advice when he married them, don't go to bed angry.

Trey didn't feel like arguing anymore and had enough. The man had been completely drained and ready to mentally check out.

He'd grown tired of arguing with his mother over the renewal of the restraining order filed against her, he didn't need the extra stress of his wife either.

The room grows into a thick, uncomfortable silence as Demi holds back her anger while her husband doesn't have any words.

Demi was right, but how was Trey going to fix this?

"Demi?" Trey asks as he crawls into bed with his wife, taking in the

"Leave me alone." His wife replies bitterly, throwing him his pillow and a large plush blanket.

"What is this for?"

"What part of leave me alone don't you get, Trey?" Demi asks, trying to fall asleep.

"Well since our guest rooms are occupied by furniture, where d-"

"On the couch, in the den, wherever. Goodnight." She answers in one breath before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep for the night, or so she thought.

Trey chuckles out loud before throwing the blanket onto the floor and settling into his spot on the bed.

As mad as Demi was in this moment, the smell of Sauvage by Dior fills her nostrils and it takes everything inside of her to not climb into her husband's lap and ride him until the morning sun rose.

But she's resisting.

Honestly, she'd rather give him a good chase.

"What part of leave me alone don't you get, Trey?" Demi asks and huffs as Trey rolls his eyes at her.

Trey hops up to turn the lights completely on in the dimly lit room.

"Get up." He commands, calmly yet firm.

"I will, when you leave me alone."

Trey grabs the comforter and in one swift move, nearly pulls his wife out of bed. Taking in the sight of his wife in her white silk pajamas, he licks his lips.