7. You Are A Gift

Four months later...

"Thank you for coming!" Demi says as she leaves her beautiful baby shower thrown for her by Kim Kardashian. She felt so grateful for today's events and she is now ready to climb into bed and go to bed.

She is now three weeks shy of her due date and couldn't be more excited because Trey's birthday is also coming up next week.

A few weeks prior, she arranged a party for him at Six Flags with a few of his friends, his father, and Eddie, while she stays home and sets up the backyard for a movie night with popcorn and his favorite cake, German chocolate cake. When she gets home, she will surprise him with the tickets.

Demi closes her eyes as Trey drives her back home, but for some reason, she cannot shake the way that she feels.

"You good?" Trey asks as he sees Demi squirming from the corner of his eye.

"Yeah." Demi answers and tries to fall back to sleep, not thinking that Trey can see right through her.

---

"Little dancer." Trey coos and kisses Demi's stomach as they lay in bed. They have been home for two hours and wrapped in each other's arms as long as Demi was not constantly running to the bathroom. 

"She's been moving around like crazy." Demi groans and laughs, feeling thankful for a super busy baby. 

Trey continues laying on Demi's stomach and finally speaks up. "You're not having contractions, are you?"

Demi chuckles and rubs Trey's head, "If anything, these are false."

"Since this morning?" Trey questions, taking note that it is almost nine at night.

"Yes, they'll pass." She confidently answers and kisses her husband goodnight.

Throughout the night, Demi feels the pain getting closer and closer while her husband sleeps peacefully like she had wanted him to.

Until six in the morning. She wakes up to use the bathroom and panics as she feels her daughter's head. She withdraws her hand and calls out for her husband who races into the bathroom to find his wife kneeled on the floor.

"Whoa!" He screams as he gets down on the floor to help his wife. On his way down, he grabs a towel. Demi quickly stops him. 

"Call the midwife, please." She pleads, ready to catch her daughter. Trey nods and runs back to the bedroom to grab his phone before rushing back to his wife and daughter.

The midwife quickly replies to Trey's text message while Demi begins to push.

"Who's going to let her in?" Demi asks as she's pushing.

"She knows the door code." 

It takes a total of ten minutes for Baby Neverson to make her grand enterance into the world, just as the midwife makes her way into the bathroom.

Loud cries take over as Trey holds the baby, stunned, while an elated Demi can't see a thing yet.

The midwife immediately springs into action, helping Trey care for the baby and assisting Demi with the after-birth so that she can finally see her baby.

The process was just as quick at the birth. Before the parents know it, they are back in bed with their newborn daughter and speaking to the midwife.

"What are we naming her?" The midwife asks.

The couple look at each other as a list of names flow through their heads, the one name they mutually agreed on sticks out to them. 

"Layla Grace Neverson." They tell the midwife, simultaneously.

Little Layla lets out a yawn before snuggling back on her mother's chest.

---

"Look at her!" Dianna coos as she comes into her daughter's view, along with Eddie, Madison and Dallas.

"Do y'all want to hold her?" Demi asks and shifts herself on her bed and carefully shifts her daughter. 

"Don't get up, you need to be resting, sweetheart." Dianna tells her daughter as she uses the hand sanitizer on the dresser before making her way to her daughter. Eddie follows suit.

Demi carefully passes the baby over to her mother who is eager to hold her grand-daughter. Demi reaches out to hug Eddie who kisses her forehead. "She's beautiful, sweetheart." He says to her.

"Thank you."

"Hi baby." She coos baby Layla who has her eyes opened and is looking around. Eddie grabs Layla's little hand and his heart melts as she wraps her hand around his finger. He's hooked already.

"How do you feel?" Dianna asks her daughter who takes her first sip of coffee for the day. It's only one in the afternoon and Demi needed a good pick-me-up.

"I feel sore, but great. I'm so happy that she's here, honestly."

Dianna nods in agreement and understanding, and goes back to admiring her grand-daughter.

"Can I hold her now?" Dallas asks.

"I don't think I'll ever let go." Dianna teases, falling in love with little Layla. Demi snaps a picture of the proud grandparents and keeps her phone out so that she can take a picture of everyone holding little Laya.

Dianna carefully passes the baby to Dallas who immediately warms up to her little niece. 

"Demi, these months have flown by so fast!" Dallas states as she and Madison play with the baby.

Dianna turns to her daughter and begins to talk with her, "So what are you guys going to do about April?"

"She's allowed to have supervised visits, but she won't be allowed to hold the baby whatsoever. We've also agreed that you guys and Chris will be the only visitors allowed for right now. Just until she has her checkups and everything."

"Are you guys going to post her on social media?" Eddie asks.

"No, not right now. We agreed on waiting until she's about one until we start posting her face, but for now we're going to try to keep her out of paparazzi's view." She answers and remembers Gigi Hadid's incident where her baby's pictures were leaked. 

Trey comes back into the bedroom and sits on the loveseat at the foot of the bed and interracts with Eddie.

"Who does she look like?" Demi teases Dallas.

"She has your nose and your eyes, but she definitely looks like Trey."

Demi laughs and shakes her head, pulling out her phone to take a picture of Dallas and the baby before getting up to use the bathroom.

She comes back and takes her seat back on her bed and relaxes into her nice plush pillows.

Dianna observes her daughter and smiles at her. "We just wanted to stop by and see y'all. We brought a few meals over so you guys can heat them up and we'll be over with more food later." 

Demi beams, "Thank you guys!" She cheers. Dianna hugs her daughter and kisses her cheek.

"If you need anything else, please let me know." Demi and Trey nod their heads.

The family bid their farewells to Trey, Demi and baby Layla before leaving Demi alone and Trey walks them out to their car.

Moments later Trey returns as Demi places baby Layla in her bassinett as she sleeps.

"I can't believe we made this baby." Demi says as her husband lays in bed with her. The two can appreciate the fact that their management teams have given them a month off to rest. 

Rest is what they intend to do.

Demi takes a picture of Layla's hand in her's and makes a simple little Instagram post.

@ddlonev: I've never experienced something so pure in my life. You are what I prayed for and I am forever grateful that my prayer was heard. You are a testament of love. You are a gift. Welcome to the world, LGN.