5. Baby Neverson Is A...

"Here lies the envelope for baby Neverson, we can't open it yet!" Demi shouts dramatically as Trey tries to grab the envelope.

"Why? I've been waiting months for this." Trey groans, making Demi laugh as they stop at a red light. The two are on the way to their favorite local bakery owned by Eddie's oldest daughter to grab two gender reveal cupcakes.

The envelope had been sitting in their possession since the day that Trey, Marissa, and Demi went to check to see if Baby Neverson was alright after Demi's fall. Today Demi and Trey decided that it would be a great time to do the gender reveal since today also happens to be four months until Baby Neverson's due date.

The appointment was successful, minus Demi's bruised hip. She remained sore for a few days, fully embracing hot soaks in the bath tub and a few days off from the gym.

Demi strokes her bump and asks Trey a question. "Should we do an instagram post about this?"

Trey purses his lips. He and Demi have been tossed about sharing the pregnancy online, they wanted to enjoy their sweet little bubble, just the three of them. Giving careful thought, he answers her. "It wouldn't hurt to share every now and then." Demi nods her head and keeps her eyes on the road as Trey continues to drive.

"What do you think we're having?" Trey asks, breaking the comfortable silence in the car. 

"I'm tossed, honestly. My maternal instincts are screaming boy."

"My paternal instincts are screaming girl." Trey chuckles as he places his hand on his wife's womb, feeling the baby kick.

"You know daddy's right, baby." Trey teases, making Demi stick her tongue out at him. The two pull up to the bakery and take a deep breath of anticipation.

The couple head into the quiet little bakery, hand in hand.

"The Neversons!" Elissa the baker exclaims seeing her favorite couple. 

"Hi!" The couple shout and eagerly hand Elissa the envelope containing baby Neverson's test gender results.

Elissa gasps, excitedly and takes the envelope. "Let's see! Two cupcakes or a mini cake? Also don't worry about paying me, this is on the house."

Trey and Demi's eyes widen. "Elissa, are you serious?" The couple ask at the same time.

"Y'all are family, plus this is the first is the first baby that this family is having. This is a whole celebration."

"Thank you. We're going to do the cupcakes." Demi answers eagerly. Elissa sneaks off to the bakery's kitchen and prepares the cupcakes for her sister and brother-in-law.

Demi and Trey scan the cute bakery in search for little treats to munch on. They select a cannoli and a lobster puff.

Elissa comes out beaming, bringing out the cupcakes and the baby's gender envelope.

"Thank you so much." The couple reply. The three bid their farewells and Demi and Trey make their way back home.

The two are barely able to contain their excitement, nearly speeding home. They put their delicious treats on the table and hurry to wash their hands.

"Knife or bite?" Demi asks as she grabs her vanilla cupcake containing chantilly whip frosting with pink and blue sprinkles.

"Bite." Trey responds as he grabs his cupcake.

They count to three as they peel the wrapping from their cupcakes.

"Go!" They shout at the same time. They take a careful bite, lick their lips, glance at each other, and gasp.

The frosting is pink.

Baby Neverson is a girl.

The two beam happily at each other and decide to take a few selfies together to remember this moment.

"I told you we were having a baby Demi."

"I know, and my intuition was wrong." Demi giggles as Trey eagerly kisses her and places his hands on her womb.

---

Demi groans as a melody comes to her head, but realizes that her bump is now preventing her from playing her guitar, so she calls her husband who finds the situation cute.

She hums the melody for him and he plays it on the guitar. Soon she has half a song written before her stomach growls for food.

She and Trey make a loaded BLT salad for dinner and eat outside on their large deck. Eventually the sun starts to set and the two bring their blankets outside, snuggling each other as they watch the stars.

Trey lays his head on Demi's chest and holds his wife, loving on his daughter.

The baby flutters again, making Demi laugh loudly, alarming Trey who was just drifting off to sleep.

"She moved." Demi replies as she rubs her husband's back, soothing his worries.

"You're moving a lot, aren't you, girl?" Trey replies and presses his lips to Demi's womb, giving her butterflies like he always does.

The two resume their original cuddling position and have small talk, appreciating the cool July weather.

Trey's phone begins to ring, interrupting the couple. He looks to see who is calling before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Demi asks, sitting up.

"My mom."

"Oh." Demi responds and shifts uncomfortably in her seat. She begins to get up, feeling too cold to be outside.

Trey joins her and then heads into the kitchen to grab a lobster puff for him and Demi to share for dessert.

The two sit on the sofa and eat their dessert as they listen to Luke James' "I Want You" play throughout the house, taking in this moment.

Demi makes a fatal mistake by moving too quickly as she gets up from the chair, making a mad dash to the powder room.

She groans after she finishes getting sick and sits on the floor next to the toilet, crying from the hormones. Trey softly knocks on the floor and helps Demi get up.

She washes her hands and brushes her teeth while Trey gathers her hair into a ponytail for her.

The two head back to the large sofa and Demi eagerly lays down on Trey's lap, feeling rather annoyed with her night.

Minutes later, she is sound asleep.

---

Demi wakes up and rushes to the bathroom to use the bathroom after the sixth time. She loves being pregnant but she cannot stand having to pee every three hours.

Once she crawls back into bed, Trey pulls Demi in for a hug and she rests her head on his chest. "I love you." Demi says in Trey's chest as he gently rubs her small bump. 

"I love you too, baby." Trey runs his hands through Demi's long brown hair and kisses her forehead. 

"How do you feel?" He asks her.

"Sleepy, my chest hurts, and I'm tired of puking." Demi answers, sincerely. Trey nods his head, letting his wife rest.

"What can I do to make you feel better?" He asks his wife who sighs.

"Nothing, I just need cuddles." She replies and instantly falls back to sleep on her husband's chest as he rubs her back.

Trey reflects on his life as he lays in bed with his wife in his arms and their dog asleep at the foot of the bed. 

Life is good, and he is grateful.