Annoyance

It was late afternoon, close to dusk,time to start cleaning up the forge. But I couldn't. Not yet. Theblade on the war axe I had been working on wasn't sharp enough yet.So, I continued to push it against the grind stone. Work was goodthough. Let me think. Unlike getting a drink at the Sliver-Blood Inn.But I needed to go there too. Maybe Kleppr knew someone who could geta hold of a daedra heart. Bothela didn't but at least Kleppr saw morevisitors to Markarth. Maybe one of them had one.

Granted, I don't know why the Jarlwould want to cool his blade in that anyway. But, it wasn't my placeto question, just complete my orders. I pulled the axe back up totest the edge and that was when I heard the footsteps. It was a HighElf. Not a Thalmor though, which was strange for around here.

I stood to place the axe down andnoticed she stood a few inches taller than me. She pushed back herblack hair as she approached me. She wore a brown mages robe and bluecirclet that stood out against her tan, greenish skin.

"I believe I'm lost" she said asher light green eyes darted about the room in confusion. She was atall girl, but not very muscular, a green fighter if you asked me.But she did look fit. She could hold her own against some wolves,maybe a few bandits, but that was about it.

"Unless you're looking for Mothgro-Bagol, the Jarl's smith. Then you are lost."

Oddly enough, she smiled at that.

"Well surely you can help me then! Ifyou're the Jarl's smith you must know where I can find him." Sheseemed excited about that conclusion.

"He should be in his throne room,about three doors to the right, once you leave here." I answered asI pulled the axe back down onto the grind stone. But the woman didn'tleave. She actually sat down.

"Can I ask you about theSilver-Bloods? They seem to run everything here."

"You must be new." I said with agrowing aggravation. Was this woman trying to stay and hold aconversation? Can't she see I have work to do? "I served withThongvor Silver-Blood in the Legion. He's a good man and strong.That's all I care about. If you want a conversation go to the inn I'msure Cosnach is drunk enough to talk all evening, or Vorstag for thatmatter." That seemed to quiet her for a moment, but only just.

"So, what do you make?" she asked.

"Strong weapons and armor. Ebony,steel. Whatever you got."

"Do you think you could repair this?"She asked has she handed me a broken steel axe. It was old and in badshape.

"What's a mage doin' with an axe?"I doubt she could even use it.

"I've trained some with smallerweapons for when I run out of magicka. Hate to make it through a ruinonly to be slaughtered by a bandit when I left" she laughed. And Icouldn't help but smile a little.

"So...can you fix it Moth?" Shelooked at me expectantly and I just shook my head. In truth I couldrepair it but it wouldn't last her long anyways.

"Be cheaper just to buy a new one."

She let out a long sigh. "Not enoughcoin for that. But thanks anyways."

As she got up to leave, I felt kind ofbad. No one needed to go with out some kind of blade.

"Tell ya what, bring me a daedraheart and I'll give you a knew one, better than that old piece ofgarbage."

"Really?" she acted surpised. "Ithink I could manage that. Thanks. I'll see you."

I turned back to the grindstone againonly to hear the sound of a crash a few seconds later. I lookedtowards the door to see the woman lying on the floor with a mess offallen buckets, baskets, and a broom beside her. I sighed as I got upto help here. This woman planned on getting a daedra heart.

"You really think you can get adaedra heart if you can't make it out of a room?" I helped her upoff the floor as she brushed herself off.

Her faced turned red as she looked downto avoid me. "S-sorry." She bent down to pick up everything sheknocked over but I waved her off. As she left I just prayed she was adecent mage. Hopefully she wasn't fool enough to get herself killed.