Chapter 3

Logan

I suddenly found myself gigantic room which had a throne in the middle of it made out of bones. I quickly looked back the way I came and saw that the door that I have just gone through was no longer there. All I could see was the opposite wall of the room. Glancing around the rest of the room I noticed that there were no openings where you can enter or leave. There also were no windows or even a light source, yet it was bright enough to see all the crevices of the room.

The sound of someone clearing their throat made me jump and quickly turn around to face the boney throne. In the throne sat a guy that looked to be about seventeen years old. I immediately noticed his long, straight brown hair. The next feature that captured my eyes was his sparkling blue eyes that seemed to stand out from everything else. The boy's skin that I could see seemed flawless and smooth. He was wearing a black shirt with a giant skull in the middle of it. His pants were a deep, dark blue. Just by looking at him I knew he could get any of the girls from what I guess is now my former high school, which made me glad he didn't, because I wouldn't have liked the competition.

Realizing I must have been staring I immediately glanced away before he caught me. I guess I didn't look away fast enough because he started speaking.

''It is wise not to stare so openly at the one person who is in charge of your fate," The boy warned.

"I'm sorry; it's just that I was taken aback by your age. I wasn't expecting someone so young to be in charge of such an important decision regarding my fate," I apologized.

"I can be any age I like. I just appeared as this age to make you at ease, because you are about to be faced with an enormous decision that you can't possibly make while being intimidated by an older person," He explained.

"Who are you?" I asked. "And what kind of decision are you talking about?" I continued.

Oh, I thought it was obvious, I'm Anubis," Anubis answered. "And I'm talking about a decision that decides your fate. You can either choose to accept my offer and terms and go back among the living or go into the afterlife that you deserve," he went on to explain.

"What is your offer?"

"Oh, you work for me as a grim reaper collecting souls on a list that I give you each day. You can collect them at any time that day, but you must collect them on that day or you will face extreme punishment."

"Is that all?" I interrupted.

"No, you must not tell anyone that you are a grim reaper without a good reason or you will be brought straight to the afterlife where you will be punished. Just in case you accidently run into anyone from your previous life, your appearance, feelings, personality, and abilities will change. You will get to keep your memories and your name, but that will be all you will keep. I will also give you the knowledge on how to be a grim reaper, so you will know how to do it. Also, you will be given a few new memories so that you can blend in with the new family you will be getting if you choose to accept my offer at a second chance at life," Anubis explained. "Do you accept my offer or do you wish to enter the afterlife?" He asked.

I don't know what lies for me in the afterlife and frankly I'm scared to find out. Maybe I should take this offer I thought. "I have decided to take your offer," I answered.

"Alright then, go through that door behind you and enjoy you new life. Oh, and a word of advice, have fun,"

I turned around and was surprised to find that there was indeed a door behind me which I knew for a fact wasn't there beforehand. With a swallow, I went through the door.