Chapter 6

*Talon*

As it turned out I did have a concussion. After I got home from school my I walked through the door only to walk right into my mom in full panic and protective mode. She kept asking me who did this, why, and why didn't I stop them the whole way to the hospital. I really wanted to tell her, but I know she will flip and probably make things worse than it already was.

The doctor did some test and, in the end, he ended up conforming the nurse's suspicion of a concussion. He pulled my mom shutting the door as they left. After a couple of minutes of me sitting there bored out of my mind, my thoughts began to wander. They wondered to Jake. Even though he bullied me I still couldn't help but have a little bit of feelings towards him. Maybe it's because I've grown a little use to the bullying and enjoy it because he is giving a person like me attention.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door opened and the doctor and my mother walked back in. I quickly noticed that my mom's eyes were red like she has been crying. What was she crying about? I thought, it's only a concussion. I decided I would ask her, but the look she gave me when I opened my mouth looked like she was begging me not to ask.

"Everything seems fine," the doctor said. Yeah right, if everything is fine then why was my mom crying? I wanted to say, but didn't for her sake. "We are going to keep you overnight and run some tests on you just to be sure," he continued.

"Why can't I go home then?" I asked quickly.

"We just want to make sure that a concussion is all you have and it would be easier to keep an eye on you than it would be if you are at home," he answered. And with that he strolled out the door, putting an end to any of my other questions that I could have.

It was just me and my mom now. Though, that didn't last very long, because as soon as she glanced at me, she looked like she was going to start crying and practically sprinted out of the room leaving me completely alone. What else could possibly be wrong with me? I thought, well I have all day and night to figure it out. I hope no one misses me at school I thought, knowing that Jake would double his bullying to make up for the missed day. I winced a little just thinking on what would happen to me because of this.
______

It has been a few hours now and I have found out a few things about hospitals. First, the food absolutely sucks; if I have to eat one more serving of jello I will throw it at the person who gives me it and scream. The second thing is that they are extremely noisy. Every time I almost doze off a loud noise goes off in another room causing me to jolt back awake. Third no one will tell me anything I've been trying to figure out what else could be wrong, but all I get is it's just to be safe or a few sad glances towards me. Lastly, they are extremely boring. I tried the t.v but there was nothing on so I turned it off.

I really can't wait to get out of here.