Chapter 6

Wyatt scanned the crowd of people on the Chicago Architectural River Cruise and locked eyes with his target. Brooklyn's hair flowed in the evening wind and she looked beautiful in her maxi skirt and teal blouse. Kaydence and Justin had asked the wedding party to wear teal so that the guests on the shoreline cruise could distinguish them from other attendees. He'd chosen to wear classic blue jeans with a teal polo. Brooklyn always loved him in polos and her glint of approval then proved that some things never change.

Wyatt took a swig of his beer as he began making his way towards Brooklyn and the others in the bridal party who were gathered in the front of the boat. As he greeted the group, he barely paid attention to the conversation. His complete focus was on Brooklyn and he didn't care that his interest in her didn't go unnoticed. From the way she boldly returned his stare, he figured she didn't care either.

"I guess your plan is working," Justin whispered in his ear.

"It has to," Wyatt replied, his eyes never leaving Brooklyn. Kaydence whispered something into Brooklyn's ear as well that caused her to smile. Her smile made him think about hours prior when he'd filled himself with her delicious taste.

"You don't plan to let her go back to San Francisco, do you?" Justin asked.

"No," Wyatt said as he took another swig of his beer. "At least not without me." 

"Wait," Justin said as he opened his hands in disbelief. "You'd move to San Francisco to be with her?"

"If that's what it takes," Wyatt responded as he peeked over at Brooklyn. He knew they had a lot to talk about, but he didn't want to waste the night talking about the past. They had thirty minutes before the cruise docked and since tonight, guests were on their own for dinner, Wyatt had Brooklyn all to himself. 

*

Wyatt looked around the suite that he'd reserved for the night to make sure everything was in place. When Brooklyn had told him earlier that she wanted to make love to him tonight, he'd went ahead and reserved a one-bedroom suite when they arrived back at the hotel and given her the extra key.

He'd waited a long time for the moment to make love to her again and his only hope was that she hadn't changed her mind. He'd set up their dinner on the dining room table and had chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge for dessert. Wyatt glanced at his cellphone to see how many minutes he had before she arrived. As he was pouring Brooklyn's favorite red wine into two wine glasses, he heard a key card slip into the slot.

Wyatt placed the bottle on the table and turned around to face Brooklyn as she let the door close behind her. She placed her bag on the floor and slipped off her flip-flops. Wyatt gave her a once-over, admiring her sexy robe though a little surprised she'd walked to the suite in it. She hadn't moved away from the door so Wyatt made his way towards her instead. As he got closer, he understood why she hadn't moved. She's nervous, he thought as he picked up on the uneasy look in her eyes

"Are you okay?" he asked her as he rubbed his hands up and down her shoulders. Her hazel eyes were full of questions and after a few moments of silence, Wyatt realized that he wasn't sure if he wanted her to ask them.

"I'm okay," she finally answered. "I'm right where I want to be." 

Wyatt stopped rubbing her shoulders and tilted her chin towards his face choosing his next words carefully. "Each moment I've spent with you has always been where I want to be."

His words seemed to touch her, but her eyes reflected a hint of amusement. "Yeah," she said with a slight laugh. "I'm sure you say that to all of your women."

When they'd dated, he always tried to tell her what was in his heart, but now that he had time to reflect on it, he wasn't sure if she ever really believed him. His father always said when he met the right woman he wouldn't be able to imagine life without her. 

"I've never said that to any other woman," Wyatt finally replied keeping her chin in place when she tried to look away. "It may sound cliché, but I never knew what I had until you left me." 

Her features softened and she slowly glanced from his lips to his eyes. His heart beat faster when she placed her cool hands under his t-shirt and began rubbing over his body. Wyatt pulled his shirt over his head and shivered when Brooklyn placed a seductive kiss on his chest. Wyatt couldn't hold his restraint any longer and dipped his head down to capture her lips pulling her into his strong embrace. His tongue explored her mouth in a way it hadn't since her return to Chicago. As she moaned, he lifted her off her feet and into his arms never breaking their kiss.

Slowly, he began walking towards the bedroom, dinner and wine forgotten. When he placed her in the middle of the bed, he broke the kiss to remove her robe.

"Let me," Brooklyn said as she lifted herself off the bed to stand. She pulled his hands so that he would stand next to her. While she undid her robe, Wyatt could do nothing but watch in anticipation.

"Do you like it?" she asked standing before him in a red lace bra and panty set.

"You know what seeing you in red does to me," he said reminiscing on all the times she'd worn that color for him.

She smiled as she flipped all her hair to one side as her hands gripped the drawstring of his sweatpants before they dropped to the floor. When she reached his boxers, she squatted down and shot her vibrant eyes up at him before leisurely pulling his boxers down his hips. He let out a loud grunt once he sprang free. Oh Lord he thought when her hands circled around his shaft and began massaging him in that special way only she knew.

Don't rush this...savor the moment he warned himself although the minute she stood to remove her lingerie he knew that would be a hard goal to accomplish. He wanted her more than he'd ever wanted anything and tonight, he planned to have her as many times as she would allow.

Taking over from there, Wyatt placed Brooklyn on the bed and began placing hot and wet kisses all over her naked body. The sounds she uttered were sounds that he'd only heard in his dreams as of late. Now, he had the real thing.

He grabbed a condom off the nightstand and quickly sheathed himself. With two fingers he played with her core and found that she was more than ready for him.

He looked down and glazed over her sexy eyes, he then placed a soft kiss on her lips at the same time that he thrust inside her. She moaned against his mouth, slightly lifting her hips to meet his thrusts. As he rode her into the sweetest form of ecstasy, he placed his head in the small of her neck.

"I've missed this... I've missed us," he whispered into his ear as they both released orgasms so strong that Wyatt said a silent prayer in hopes that the woman in his arms would never leave him again.