Best Friends Again?

I kept staring at him as if he was crazy. I just wanted to run away from there. But it is my room. He should the be the one leaving.

    "Excuse me? I thought I didn't need to ask for permission to come here," I said coldly. My walls came up even stronger than before. I couldn't bear to be seen as vulnerable.

    He realized that his question was misunderstood. "I meant why did you go back to café? I thought you didn't go to them." He stared at me closely and I almost stopped breathing by how close he was. I need to get more personal space, I thought.

    I backed up to get more space in between us and looked at the wall behind him. "I don't really go to them. I just thought that I should return this to you." I went to go get my bag from my closet and opened it to find the necklace. I found it and slowly took it out. I felt as if I gave it back to Ash, then he would probably forget about me. I mentally prepared myself and gave it back to him.

    He looked at it as if it was something from heaven. I saw how the light reflected of the jewel and made his eyes look silver instead of the dark grey. This brought back a memory for both of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Alex, what are you doing?" Ash said, almost laughing at how I was.

    I was in the middle of a game of Twister with my cousins. And I was in a very awkward position. I felt my face heating up and almost got up to take that smirk away from his face, but I couldn't. I had to win this game or then there would be no more trips to the bookstore or library from them. And that was torture.

    "Sh-Shut up! Why don't you play and let's see how dumb you would look like!"

    "Your wish is my command, princess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Princess. That felt like so long ago, but it was only 3 years ago.

    I felt my face heating up, and I knew I was blushing so hard. Damn my fair skin. He looked at me and I literally felt as if the room got really hot. I looked away and I heard him say, "I thought you had lost it."

    "I did, but then I found it a few days ago in my closet."

    "Why was it there?"

    I knew I couldn't tell him the truth because I don't know what he would say or how he would react. I quickly came up with a lie, but I could tell he didn't believe me. Oh yeah, did I say I am a horrible liar and that Ash knows when I lie the minute the first word pops out of my mouth? I think Ash is a mind reader, but every time I would ask him, he would just laugh at me. I guess it really is funny when you think about it.

    Ash stared at me with that look in his eyes that says that he did not believe a single word and that he would accept it for now, but would ask later when you least expect it. I internally began to get nervous and a little scared. Okay no, very scared. I just nervously smiled at him and began picking at the loose string from the sleeve of my cardigan.

    The he completely threw me off by saying, "I missed you." I just stared at him and saw the genuine emotions in his eyes. I guess being completely separated from your best friend for three long years, when before you would come every chance you would get from school, was hard. I shared his feelings and didn't think twice before wrapping my arms around his waist. I held on tight and hid my face against his chest. Being in arms was something I definitely missed and wouldn't mind being in for a long, long time.