Magic of Beginnings

For the next few weeks I would spend all day at the garage with Ash, and my parents started a gardening as their hobby. Even though time was ticking, we all tried to enjoy every moment we had at my grandma's house. Some nights Ash would stay over, which helped us catch up, and my parents went out on more dates because back home they did not have the time to do so. My family and I are going back home for the school year because my dad has work to do, but Ash will stay in contact with us. He said that distance is not a problem because we are in the age of technology (typical Ash).

    I would be a junior this coming school year. The start of stressing for college and scholarships. Yay. Ash was actually a year older than me in school (why did I have to be born in November?) so he was going to be a senior already. He continued to work at the café in the mornings for the rest of the summer, while I stayed at home. I had already started buying some things for the school year, which turned out to be quite fun actually. Ash is the most meticulous person I have ever seen, which is shocking because he is never like that when it comes to the garage.

    The other day I was cleaning the truck and found some photographs. One of them was of my grandparents out in front of the house. They had the biggest smiles on their faces while holding a younger me in their arms. Another of the photos was of Ash and me when we were about eight years old. He was hugging me from behind and was grinning at the camera, while I was looking down reading a book. I took the pictures and made copies of them so I could take them back with me. I was not going to make the same mistake again.

    This summer was one of heartbreak and warmth. I am now a stronger person than I was before, and I also had a lot more people in my heart now. While it may sound cliché, I have a life full of color and love now. My family, Ash, and I are now closer than ever before. I have finally found the missing part of my soul.

    The pain from my grandpa leaving us will always be present, but that void is being filled with pieces of Ash's love in them. Life is not easy, but we must do what we can to make the best out of it. Live, love, laugh, and never stop dreaming because life is short.