Chapter 10 : It's all about food

Chapter 10 :  Food Talk

My thoughts are so loud, that often I can’t hear things around me that is how I failed to hear the knocking at the door. 

I turn around after putting the last set of clothes in the cupboard and see Arnaud, leaning on the door frame, his six feet glorious body blocking the entrance. His golden eyes roaming all over my body, in a very appreciative manner.

While I’m not very self conscious, it’s at such times {when a really hot guy is checking me out} that I get all flustered. I knew I looked good, in grey shorts that showed off my naturally toned legs, an old Stanford T-Shirt, and my hair in a messy bun.

I can’t help it and ask sweetly, “see something you like?”

“Oh! Loads of it! “He answers back.

That catches me by surprise, and I burst out laughing.

“Well, I never knew you like Vampire Academy.” I say.

“Oh no. I don’t like it, I was forced to read it by Ariane.” For some reason the name of a French girl makes me jealous, and the way he says her name is just too hard to bear.  Whoa where are those feelings coming from? Jealous much?

 In my head I can't help but imagine, some long leggy lass, probably with a beret dressed in the typical Parisian manner with her hands in his walking in the Luxembourg gardens.

I have a very active imagination thanks to years of reading practise as akid.

“She said, that I looked a lot like Dimitri, with my long hair, so I needed to read the book and find out about this guy whether he really fits the bill or not.” He offered as means of explanation, and that brought me back to earth from my reveries.

“Wait a minute. You had long hair? How come did I not know about that?” I questioned.

“It was a long time back. I was in that passing phase, where I thought long hair and pony tails are cool. I was quite a bad boy, wild child as you call it, back in Paris.” He blushes.

“That’s interesting.”

“I’m surprised you didn’t ask me about Ariane.” He says.

“Well Arnaud, frankly your love life and your girl friend is none of my business. So I don’t want to interfere.” I say trying to act inidfferent while it it kills me inside the whole time, he bursts out laughing. Tears stream down his face and he clutcjes his toned stomach with his hands.

His wonderful laugh that makes my brain turn to jelly.

“What’s so funny?” I ask impatiently.

“That you thought Ariane was my girl friend. She’s not. She’s my sister and the baby of the family.” He says with a fond look in his eyes.

“I never knew that. I’m so sorry.” I reply feeling greatly embarrassed at my folly.

“That’s all right. It’s happened before. My mother has a great fascination with the alphabet A so she named me and my siblings with A.” He smiles to himself.

“All right. That’s unusual. This makes me realize that I don’t know anything about your family.” I say suddenly.

“Well, all in good time, my love. Right now we have more pressing matters to take care of.” He gives me a wicked grin.

“Like?” I ask raising an eyebrow.

“What you are going to eat for breakfast?” He saiys in a serious manner.

At the sound of Breakfast, my stomach lets out a long an embarrassing growl.

“I’m sorry. It’s just that I haven’t eaten since yesterday, after the bad news and all the shifting to your place and everything.” I explain.

“I understand, Come with me.” He takes my hands and I barely notice how my fingers fit perfectly in the spaces between his fingers, like they are meant for each other. Just Barely.

Before opening the door, Arnaud turns to me and says, “Zoya, please remove your slippers.”

“Ok but why?” I 'm a bit stunned at this sudden order.

“Please just listen to me.” He says patiently.

“Alright, as you say.”  They say when in Rome, do as the Romans do, and when you’re living with a roommate who owns the house, you just do what he says.

I remove my slippers and follow him in the kitchen, that’s when I nearly die of a coronary. I kid you not.

The kitchen is spotless, it has every gadget a great chef can ever need. Not that I am one but Hey, I do watch Masterchef Australia. That counts. Right?

There were three fridges on one side, a sparkling clean kitchen counter, all the grocery arranged in it’s place.

“This is amazing.” I tell him with a glazed look in my eyes.

“I know,” he says a bit sheepishly. “I love cooking, so this is my temple. I don’t like people entering it with shoes on, which is why I insisted that you remove your slippers.” He adds.

“All right. May I ask why you have three refrigerators? Wasn’t one enough” I ask pointing at one of them.

“I need all three . This one here,” he points at the first black one “This is for fruits and vegetables, the one next to it has meat and the last one has all the dairy products.”

“All right.” I take my time to process this piece if information.

“Ok Tell me what would you like to have? An English breakfast with ham, bacon, eggs, sausages and the like or a Parisian one with coffee and croissants, but I haven’t made any croissants so you will have to wait for them.”

“Definitely not the English breakfast, I don’t eat meat. I don’t want you to work so hard just for me, How about pancakes?” I offer him a prospective option.

“You don’t eat meat. That’s astonishing. Meat is my specialty. I’m known in the whole of Tatou household for my meat delicacies. Now I don’t get a chance to impress you with you my awesome cooking skills. I thought that you would have a bite of my delicious masterpieces and swoon, maybe even fall in love with me, how heartbroken I am.” He touches his hand to his heart  with mock disappointment.

“Well you still have a chance at impressing me with your awesome skills by making some delicious pancakes. I’m the worst cook in the world so I’m happy with anything I get. I don’t judge.” I reply sweetly.

“Well you’re in luck Mademoiselle, because I know how to make the best pancakes that will leave you  licking your plate as well as your fingers.”

Half an hour later, I was eating back my own words they were delicious.

AN : Hey Guys I hope you like this chapter. Please don't be a silent reader. I love feed back. Votes, comments.  They make my day and get my creative juices flowing so if you want faster updates please comment :)