Think Back

(A/N- the cover above was made by Puff_Pride. Thanks! :-) )

The werewolves... Shapeshifters, hung around for a few hours and I hid from them in my room. They didn't leave until around 11 at night. They did eventually leave, though, and I snatched at the opportunity. I had to hunt. I hesitantly made my way down the stairs and looked around the living room, where everyone was. They all stop talking and looked at me. I swallowed, uncomfortable. In a world of vampires and werewolves, I was still the odd one out. I was literally a freak among freaks.

I look towards my brother and sister. "Do you want to go hunting with me?" I asked. Chris continued flipping through the picture book in his hand, never answering me. Ashlynne looked at me, then back down, shaking her head and rolling the dice for a board game she's playing with Renesmee. "Didn't you just go hunting?" She asked me. I shook my head, and thought to her 'the Wolves attacked.'

Ash nodded then looked up at me. "Hey I was thinking," she began. "Maybe we should stop with the telepathy." I stared at my sister for a second before answering. "Why would we do that?" I asked stiffly. Ash shrugged and said, "it just seems rude to have a conversation in a room with people who can't hear it. Like, when your friends spoke Spanish in front of you and you didn't understand it... It hurt your feelings, remember?" I clench my teeth together as I feel the pressure inside my head evaporate, meaning my sister was forcing her telepathy from my mind. Great. This was freaking perfect. My sister had joined THEIR side. I noticed a frown appear on Edwards face as I thought this.

Wait a second. Ashlynne no longer had a shield over any of us. He could hear our thoughts. I turned and glared at him. 'Stay out of my head before I turn you to a pile of ash.' I thought to him. He looks surprised and I was momentarily happy that someone could still hear me. But that giddiness faded when the shock turn to amusement. Yeah... I guess a 12 year old wasn't too scary. But hey, I could mess him up! I noticed his smile grow wider and I narrowed my eyes, letting a spark a fire ignite on my fingertips. At the sight, Edward stop grinning, finally understanding my threat.

I rolled my eyes and turn towards the door. As I turn the knob a voice behind me said, "may I come hunting with you?" I closed my eyes and breathed out slowly. I turn to see a hopeful Esme. I bit back a rude remark and finally spit out, "it's a free country, I guess," And turned, pulling the door open. I heard Esme behind me as I took off into the forest. At least I was away from Edward.

We came up on a few deer and I wrinkled my nose. Better than nothing, I guess. I jumped at one, landing on its back. The animal attempted to lunge forward, but I snapped its neck, making it go still for half a second before falling to the ground. I sucked with all my power, putting all of my past anger into my kill. When I pulled back, my chest was heaving. I was exhausted, not physically, but mentally. The drama never stopped. The vampire attack, our mother dying, we were vampires, Covens that tried to kill us, the cullens, wolf people... Before all of this I had yearned for drama, For anything interesting to happen to me. Be careful what you wish for.

Esme had not attacked the animals. I looked over to her pointedly. She just smiled at me and nodded, signaling that I should continue. More for me, I guess. I attacked 3 more deer before the others realized the danger and took off. I leapt to my feet to follow but Esme put a hand out. I waited for her to go, thinking that she wanted to take turns or something. Instead she grabs onto my hand. I yanked back, confused.

Esme frowned and grabbed my hand again, guiding it to the ground. I looked at her an absolute confusion. She then positions the rest of my body. "Think about what you are going to do before you attack. Your angle, your target... Avoid the hooves" She whispered. I looked down and realized that my clothes were shredded to an almost indecent point. I've never cared about that around my siblings, I had just gotten us new clothes. But now that I was going back to a house full of teenage vampires, maybe I should take her advice on how to be more... Clean with my hunting.