3: In Which Mikey Feels Personally Victimised By The Sun

Frank's mind was aflame, on fire, and it seemed as if there was simply no escape, as the fire moved closer to him in the small white walled room he found himself locked in - he hadn't reached out for the door handle or even tried to escape; he just knew, like it was something prophesied, just meant to be this way.

And it was with the same certainty that Frank knew there was no way out, in fact, at a point, he even ceased to struggle, just curled up, and waited, as the fire grew closer, drawing in around him, as he waited for the end that would soon befall him, because something about this all was oddly peaceful, and in that peace Frank found himself able to just wait, patiently, for an end, for the fire to reach out and take him, but of course, it wasn't going to be quite that simple.

Eventually the fire parted a little, and Frank glanced up to see a figure illuminated amidst the flames, he found himself rushing to his feet in concern for the figure, but he found himself hit with a wave of confusion as he struggled to comprehend how they could possibly be walking through the fire as if it were nothing at all.

He attempted to call out to the figure, but it was as if his vocal chords had already been burned out of his throat, and instead, he found himself peering closer, fixating upon the figure as their face came into view, and their face became far too familiar, became her face.

Jamia.

He attempted to call out to her once more, but it was as if his lungs were crushed down in his chest, and even every breath began to ache throughout his whole body.

"You fucking did this." She spat, her voice raw and strained, "don't fucking look at me like that, you fucking monster."

Frank's whole body began to tremble, and then with all his strength, as if he was physically pushing the flames away from him, he was screaming out a broken and wavering, "Jamia?"

The act of doing so seemed to deplete the entirety of his energy and life source: the world around him fading into white, until suddenly everything was black, well, it appeared so at first, it was really just a very dark room, and his eyes had been adjusting too the piercing brightness of the excess of white light.

His body was a little slow and achy, but responsive, and he found himself sitting up, and peering desperately around the room for any signs of an explanation. He jumped a little as the curtain was pulled open just a little, letting a streak of light into the room, and with the light now provided, Frank could make out a figure making their way across the room from the window.

"H-Hello?" He forced the word out, desperately attempting to make a face out in the darkness, and only succeeding in doing so as the figure sat down on the sofa opposite him. "Gerard?" He asked, finding himself remembering Ray, and Mikey, and Gerard, with the pink hair who seemed just that little bit more friendly than the other two. "What's... happening?"

"You blacked out." He explained, and as he spoke, Frank took the opportunity to make out his surroundings as his eyes grew more adjusted to the light, or well, the lack of it, "and Mikey got really pissed off, and then he and Ray started having an argument, so I just took you out of there. This is my room, I hope you don't mind."

The room: Gerard's, was slightly larger than Mikey's, with a large window overlooking the campus, which was mostly covered by a thick black curtain, leaving the rest of the room in a kind of darkness that Frank's eyes hadn't had the most fun adjusting to; he found himself sat on Gerard's bed, and Gerard sat upon a sofa positioned on the opposite wall, a couple of feet away. The rest of the decor constituted of generic dorm room items, such as a bookcase, a desk, and a mini-fridge in the corner, and of course, copious amounts of posters on the walls, making the environment even more claustrophobic than it already was.