Book 2- chapter 1

Nikki's POV

My whole body shook in terror from what I had just saw. I felt Bries hand on my shoulder as she tried to comfort me. Several small tears trickled down my ice cold cheeks for I knew I had just lost both of my best friends in the matter of a few days. My breathing started getting faster and faster Brie noticed that and pulled me into a hug. I collapsed in Bries arms, sobbing into her shoulders. My cries were loud and I just wanted to melt to the ground but Brie held me upright trying to console me.

When my sobs had stopped we just stood there for a few minutes just hugging in silence. When I heard sirens is when I broke the hug, I looked at Brie and we knew where they were going. Darn neighbours. We ran out the broken door being sure not to touch anything in case they looking for prints. We hopped over the fence into someone's garden, we done the same when we reached the next fence. We continued to do so until we couldn't see Seth's house or hear sirens.

When we stopped I was panting heavily so was Brie, I leaned on the fence trying to catch my breath.
"Did we lose them" I asked Brie who didn't answer
"Brizee"
"Brie" I waved my hand in front of her face
I looked at her waiting for a reply but I only received a sigh. After a few moments of waiting she finally spoke but it wasn't to reply to my question.
"It's my fault, I gave Paige the gun"
"Brianna you can't beat yourself up about that it's the past now even if you hadn't gave her that gun she would have found a way to kill him" this time it was me consoling her as she threw herself into me.