Chapter - 2

[ A/N : Yupp...The picture... That is the one and only gorgeous Alyssa with the boys ;) ]

{Alyssa P.O.V}

I wait impatiently for a call. I am really really desperate to become a Victoria's Secret Angel. It was my life long dream, career, my everything. I've done modeling for a few other brands that were not well known and like that, brought myself to where I stand right now in the modeling world.

I walk around my room in circles. Taking a quick glance at my phone, once in a while. I prevent myself from biting my nails because I just had a french manicure and I wouldn't want to spoil it. Jess keeps on assuring me that I will be accepted. I just hope she's right.

~♥~

It's almost 6:30 p.m.

If I had been accepted, they would have called by now. I guess I just wasn't good enough. I must have done something wrong. I go downstairs with a sad face. Jess and mom look at me with pity and sympathy. Jess even gives me a hug to console me.

I let a huge sigh as I walk towards my dresser and take my laptop. I browse through the Internet not really paying any attention. A few minutes later, I find myself on the Calvin Klein website. I click on models and a long list appears.

I scroll down and spot 'Harry Styles'. I click on it simply. Pictures of him on the runway appear. Now that I look at the pictures in more detail, I can't shake the feeling that those eyes look extremely familiar. Like the other day, at the movies. Those green orbs staring intensely at my icy aqua blue eyes.

I instantly snap out of my day dreams when I finally hear my phone ringing. "Hello?". "Alyssa Parker?", asks the guy on the other line. "Yes....?", I hesitantly reply. "I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected as one of the Victoria's Secret Angels!!!!", he exclaims.

I think my heart just stopped beating. The phone drops from my hand onto the bed. I then recollect my senses snd let out a piercing scream of joy. Jess bursts the door open with a baseball bat in her hand and says," Where's the intruder!?". I chuckle. Silly Jess. I scream and run towards her and pull her into a huge bear hug.

"I GOT SELECTED!!!!", I scream into her ears. She backs away holding her ear and wincing a little out of the torture I put her eardrums through. When she finally gets what I just said, she screams out too!! We look like 2 overgrown girls jumping on my bed.

~♥~

I run downstairs to break the news out to my dad. I walk into the living room, just to reveal him sitting on the sofa totally engrossed in the lottery announcements. Yea.. My dad has this habit of purchasing lottery tickets. It all started when he got a fortune cookie telling him to buy lottery tickets. That was 5 years back. I didn't think he would take it this far. "Um..Dad?", I speak up. "Shush, Honey! They're reading out today's lucky numbers!", He exclaims.

Announcer : Well, Hello there! Are you all ready for today's lucky numbers!?

Audience : YES!!!!

Announcer : Are you ready to see who is that LUCKY person out there, that is gonna become rich in an instant!?

Audience : YES!!!!

Announcer : Here are today's lucky numbers!!

32, 75, 14, 59... And...

92!!

My dad fainted... We had WON!!!!!! We frigging WON!!!!!!!!!

My dad was just lying there on the floor; Lifeless. Mom panicked and called 911. I was traumatized. Who knew someone would pass out because of something good?