Chapter 5: Rooftops and Ruffians

The road was at a standstill, you were three hours away from your next stop on tour and everyone was famished.

"Seriously guys, we need real dinner. Anything but junk-food..." You commented.

Everyone was sitting around on the couch or in the booth famished from the lack of real food.

"I agree," Andy groaned.

Pete chimed in with his oh-so sage wisdom, "We're on the highway, how're we supposed to go and get a sandwich or something?"

"We're in a standstill though, we could hop the railing and go to the nearest town..." Joe raised his hand.

"We should go, the block isn't supposed to be cleared for another hour or so... We've got the time." Patrick pointed out.

"Okay, I guess it's time for an adventure." Pete smiled.

"Lady and Gentlemen, get your coats." Joe announced.

It was summer, but it was around 10:00 and it would be colder at night. You picked out a zip-up sweat shirt from your suitcase and put it on.

"Alright everyone, it's time to go act like rebellious teenagers!" Pete announced before ducking out of the bus.

Each of you ran out of the bus and began weaving through the stock-still traffic. Individually, you all made your way through the maze of cars to a railing on the other side of the three lanes.

There was road just over it that led off the highway into a sort of suburban area. You all hopped the railing, Patrick almost getting his foot caught in it.

"How're we supposed to find the 'downtown area,' " you asked, walking through what seemed like an endless sea of houses.

Pete took out his phone and turned on GPS, "Uhh, looks like it's just a couple blocks away."

"Great, let's go," Andy started to run ahead.

"Not so fast, Hurley," Pete darted after him.

The three of you stood there for a moment, "Yeah, we should probably run now..."

You bolted, catching up. You ran the rest of the way.

As soon as you got downtown, everyone collapsed, "Okay, new rule. No more running," Patrick panted.

The inner city was a bit more urban than the living spaces. There were more tall buildings with a few small shops. It even seemed a bit sketchy, but maybe that was because it was so dark out.

You all caught your breath before you started to walk again.

"Alright, is there like a subway around here?" Joe asked.

Patrick answered, "If there was it wouldn't be open at this hour..."

A little down the street, you spotted it.

"Hey guys," you stopped and pointed your thumb at the place. "All night pizza."

They all nodded in agreement.

As you walked into the small shop, you saw the variety of options on the menu. There was also some pasta dishes and a few salads.

You all ordered your respective meals (to go) and sat outside on a bench near the street.

Pete took a first bite into his pizza, "Mmmh! This pizza is amazing!"

You took a bite of your food, it was pretty good. But, maybe that was just the three days straight of junk-food talking.

You looked at the guys enjoying their meals. Suddenly, you saw Joe look up at a skyscraper. It looked like he got an idea, this would either end up getting you almost killed or you'd have one of the best times of your life. Sometimes both.