CHAPTER ONE

Drip.

He was locked up.

Drip.

In what he considered his home.

Drip.

By his friends.

Drip.

That was his blood dripping, wasn't it? His skin was too numb to even feel the liquid make its way down his face.

Drip.

He wasn't surprised by the loss of the things he's come to cherish. No, he's lost something more precious than this before.

Drip.

First it was Mana. Then Cross. Now this.

Drip.

A bitter, hoarse laugh escaped his lips.

Drip.

Humans were truly disgusting when faced with uncertainty.

Drip.

「★」

He didn't react as footsteps approached the albino's cell. He didn't react as the door was unlocked and CROW members lifted him onto his feet. No, he didn't react when he was basically dragged down the hall. The only time he reacted was when he stood on a platform in front of the European Branch with a gun to his head.

"Any last words, Noah scum?"

The teen's mouth opened and out came his bitter laughter-at the end of his miserable life, this was all he could do. And oh, did he have everyone's attention now.

"Disgusting. You're all disgusting." Allen stated as he looked up, facing the crowd with hateful silver eyes.

Somewhere, in the front, he heard Lenalee start to cry. Whoops.

Not.

"I once was enticed by the brilliant light, the joyous light that I wanted to protect. But you deemed me a monster." Pausing, he let out a rather disappointed sigh. "You turned into the real monsters because just like everyone else, you judged before you understood the situation. How pityful."

The sound of the safety being removed followed Allen's words. The entire room was a deadly silent as some shielded their gazes-Lenalee was one.

The last thing the albino thought was of joining Mana when the shot rang out.