CHAPTER TEN

A week had come and gone since the incident but Allen still felt as if it had just occurred. He spent his time locked away in his room, knees tucked in as arms wrapped around them. Once happy and shining silver orbs dulled to a murky grey as they studied the mirror across from him as he sat on the floor.

An entire week and he hasn't heard from Neah.

An entire week without Crown Clown's warm reassurrance.

Something was very wrong.

And as much as he wanted to voice his concerns to his fellow Noah, he found himself unable to speak when they checked up on him. He could tell that they were walking on eggshells around him. It bugged him; unnerved him. Yet, he supposes he would too after what had happened.

Absentmindly, one hand messed with his sleeve as he searched the object parallel to him for any signs of his uncle. His mouth opened to call out for him; to scream his name but alas, his throat was too dry for such. Perhaps he could attempt another method...

Neah?

......

Uncle Neah?

......

The silence within his own mind was suffocating. Where could he be? There was no way for him to just...leave! Was there? The albino never thought of that being an option, really. And maybe once his uncle returned his calls, they could explore that idea.

After all, he just wanted his family.

Neah would hug his reflection, yes, but he craved physical affection; the warmth of those embraces. For so long has he been neglected such and now that the opportunity has shown itself, it still wasn't enough to see said acts.

These thoughts served to remind Allen of those spoiled brats from when he was Red. How they'd whine and throw fits if something didn't go their way. How they had loving families to give them what they wanted and more. How they would unknowingly take all of that for granted and right in front of him!

Yet it all looked so fake, like an act that kept repeating only to break once the disabled child came into view. That play shattered like glass and the real show would begin. Those disgusting humans hid behind masks and lashed out at the unknown out of fear. It made him not want to have a family for that very reason. He was damaged goods that no one wanted, anyways.

It made him sick.

But Mana...

Mana showed him what a family was.

Unstable, considerate, a bit crazy, and full of love. When he had found out about Neah being Mana's brother, he had to admit that love came into question. But now he knew that Mana truly loved them both.

He gave them together so that they wouldn't be alone anymore.

He gave them a family.

Now he knew.