e i g h t

When I wake up, Harry's already in the room. He's sitting in the rocking chair, eyes closed and I think he's asleep until he starts humming quietly.

I don't recognize the tune, but it's soft and peaceful. And watching a beautiful boy hum, the morning light from the window casting down on him, is a lovely thing to wake up to.

"Pretty." I say when he finishes.

He smiles, opening his eyes and looking at me fondly. "Thank you, baby. Didn't hear you wake up."

I go to move my hair out of my face, and remember the mittens. I frown down at my hands in frustration.

I reach out to Harry, making a whining noise.

He laughs in response. Adorable. "Okay, sweetie. I'll take them off now."

I'm pulled out of the crib and into Harry's lap on the rocking chair. The morning light is a warm yellow, making everything look fresh and new.

He unlocks the mittens, throwing them aside. I immediately lean into Harry's chest and put my hands in his hair. He laughs and holds me close to him, kissing my neck.

"What should we do today, little one?" He asks, voice still raspy from sleep.

I pull back so that I can look at him. "I wanna see the rest of the house, Harry." I pout pleadingly.

He frowns, brow furrowed. A couple of kisses on the cheek and a "Pleeaaase, daddy?" gets him to agree.

"I'll show you downstairs, and we'll do upstairs another day, okay?

I nod happily, hopping out of Harry's lap and taking his hand. I try to lead him out of the room and downstairs, but he scoops me into his arms, placing me on his hip, causing me to humph in annoyance.

***

Harry shows me around the house, holding my hand and leading me through. It's nice to walk again. Harry usually carries me.

The house is massive. It's like he has a room for everything. A breakfast room, a library, laundry room, a lounge, a "cloakroom" (a closet. Why would you call it a "cloakroom"?), a gym, a sun room (my favorite), and so many bedrooms and bathrooms that I lose count. He briefly showed me what he called a "Storage room" which was the most beautiful thing. There were stacks and stacks of painted canvases leaning against the wall. Just sitting there, collecting dust.

He quickly closed the door, so I didn't have much time to look. They all looked dark and brooding, from what I saw.

The last room he showed me, was the pool room. I stiffen the moment we enter. "Wanna swim?" Harry asked. I squealed in delight.

"Yes daddy!" I have always loved swimming.

"Okay princess, we will, just not today."

"But...but daddyyyyyy." I start to cry.

"Sweetheart no arguing, we will swim soon."

I nod, my tears slowing as Harry brings us to the kitchen. I can hear his heartbeat under his skin and bone and muscle and it's steady and comforting. My own heartbeat gradually slows, the feeling of disappointment leaving my body. I listen to our heartbeats as they synchronize, matching each other's beats. I lean my head on Harry's shoulder.

I get the urge to stick my thumb in my mouth, so I do, sucking on it slightly. Harry makes our breakfast one-handed, still holding me. He sits us on the couch with one massive plate of food. I'm in his lap and he feeds me a bite and then takes one for himself. I laugh when he takes sips from my sippy cup of apple juice.

After we eat, Harry leaves our empty plate on the coffee table, which is weird. He usually washes up right after we eat.

I sigh happily when he lies down and pulls me close to him. He turns on the tv and picks
Cinderella and I wonder if he knows that it's my favorite Disney movie.

I want to ask why Harry's being so strange. Is it because of the pool? Or because of Liam and Niall coming tomorrow? I'm just about to ask when I feel Harry's even breathing on my neck. I have to stifle a giggle when he snores loudly.

And I really do try to watch the movie, I do. But I quickly feel my eyelids growing heavy, and Harry's breathing and the plush couch is enough to knock me out.

I dream of Harry and I swimming. The water is cool and clear and it smells like summertime. We dance in the water and splash each other until our eyes are red from the chlorine.

We suck air into our cheeks and wave at each other underwater.

Glass eyes and minty kisses and the smell of chemicals in my nose.

***

Hey babies hope you liked this chapter.

I was thinking that when this story hits 500k reads I will do a character ask. What do you think about that?? Lemme know.

Love you.