Chapter One

They were on a mission, that's how it all started. It was supposed to be a mission where they go in all stealthy and get Intel on the other side, but then it turned into so much more. Wally and Artemis were the ones who had gotten them caught, so why did Dick get yelled at. Maybe it's because he's the youngest, maybe its because he always disappears during these missions. Whatever the reason, he was yelled at after the mission. The fighting could've been better, Dick had tripped over one of Artemis' arrows and the enemy got a few good blows on him and knocked him out. They had to end the mission early.

~~~*Dick's P.O.V.*~~~

'Robin? I need you to wake up now... Please?' Megan spoke in my mind.

'Megan?' I asked

'Robin, you are awake... Just lay here and listen' Megan said, she sounded serious.

'Alright, Megan.' I said

'Okay guys, you can plan it out here. Robin is still unconscious, I checked' Megan told the rest of the team in a telepathic link.

'Lets pulls a prank on him! Make him think he's not wanted to the team. Pretend we're kicking him out the team' Wally shouted through the link

'Wally, that's awful... I love it' Artemis said

I imagined that they were snogging right about now.

'I don't like this... It's not right' Conner said, he was the only one I trusted enough, well except maybe Kaldur, to tell things deep from my mind.

'He can handle it, he's a tough kid' Wally said

'I'm leaving the link' Conner said before cutting out the conversation.

I think I even heard him storming off. I couldn't listen to it either and I left the link as well. I opened my eyes to find them all gathered around the bed. My chest was wrapped in a few roles of gauze. I sat up and everyone looked at me.

"Good, you're awake... and we have to tell you something." Wally said as Conner walked back into the room.

"Okay, go ahead" I said

"We don't think you should be on the team, Rob." Wally said

"What? Why?" I asked

"You are useless to this team, Robin, we can't go on any missions without you getting hurt... all you really are is... is a... I don't know" Wally told the youngest member.
"You mean he's a pretty boy?" Artemis asked
"That's it! Thanks babe," Wally grinned, kissing Artemis on the lips, glancing over at Robin.
"But I-" Robin was cut off but Kaldur.
"Don't pull that, Robin. You didn't help find this team, the work was done by Wally, Conner and I" Kaldur said, his eyes showing the sorrow he felt by saying that.
Conner stayed silent, like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't. But his body language said it all. He didn't feel that way.
"I... I understand... I'll be gone in the morning..." Dick said, starting to walk away.
He could hear Artemis and Wally laughing. Maybe it was a joke, but no one said anything to their retreating teammate.

"Yo, Rob, we were only kidding," Wally laughed.

I whipped around to face them, even though they couldn't see my eyes, they backed up, scared. Wally and Artemis stopped laughing.

"Only kidding, huh? Who do you think i am? An 8 year old who can just brush things like this off easily? I have more important matter to think of, and yet you guys just... never mind... you wouldn't understand..." I turned away and stormed off.

I locked myself in my room for a few hours before someone knocked on the door gently, which ment it was probably Conner. I unlocked the door and let him in. The thing is with Conner in the room, we didn't have to talk unless you wanted to, and I wasn't in the mood to talk. But he was...

"Dick... are you okay?" He asked.

"Not really, Conner..." I told him.

"Care yo tell me?" He asked.

I went and sat on my bed, from my perfect posture to slumped over, pulling my mask off and wiping away the tears.

"How could that think that that prank was okay?" I asked, looking up at the clone.

"Because they think that since you're Batman's partner, you could handle something like that" Conner said, pulling me into a hug.

"Even Kaldur was in on it..." I said, starting to cry.

"They're jerks, Dick, i'm sorry..." Conner apologized.

We sat like that for a while, in a comfortable silence. Then he decided that we'll have a sleep over in my room. He left to go get us snacks, so i took that time to write a letter to the team.

Dear Team,

I'm not sure how you feel about me anymore. So, i'll be leaving. I don't know if you'll ever see me again. I hope another superhero sidekick fills my spot perfectly,

Sincerely,

Robin.

I left the note on the table and opened my window and climbed through, my mask back on my face, and a sweatshirt over the bandages. I'd be back, this wouldn't be the last they've ever seen of me. I promise.