Chapter Five

Dick's P.O.V.

A day later, i walked out of my room. I was wearing my civvies, which were my converse, a pair of jeans and a button up shirt, as well as a pair of sunglasses.

I walked into the living room area and glared at Wally on the opposite couch.

"Wallace," I said, my eyes narrowing behind my glasses.

"Traitor," Wally said, his eyes narrowing at me.

"I know you were pranking me," I spat.

"How?" he asked.

"M'gann," I turned away from him. "Also, your worst pranks are the ones that hurt me more."

Wally stared at me for a moment before his face fell.

"They were just supposed to be meaningless pranks," Wally tried.

"I left the team for two years," I said.

"You came back,"

"Because I made a promise,"

"To who?" He asked.

"Myself mostly," I said. "But to Batman also."

I looked away to wipe a tear from my face. I stood and left the room and mountain through the Zeta Beams. I found myself in Blüdhaven.

I took in a breath of air. I had felt trapped. I looked around, my eyes scanning the buildings. I removed my sunglasses and continued walking.

As I walked by an alley way, some guy came out from between the two buildings and attacked me from behind. I quickly took him down.

The guy must've had a buddy, because the next thing I knew I was on the ground, blood starting to pool around me. I blacked out when I heard a familiar swooshing of capes.