Chapter Four

Dick's P.O.V.

I stared ahead as M'gahn drove us in the bioship towards our mission. It was my first mission back with the team. They now had to split us up into squadrants, Alpha, Beta and Gama. I think Jason would like this team. And Gama would suit him best. Until he's learned enough.

While i was gone, M'gahn and Conner broke up. I feel bad for him. He's only two.

'Ro- I mean Nightwing, are you okay?' M'gahn asked through the link.

'I'm fine,' I said back.

'I'm here if you need to talk,' she said.

I cut off the link

"Alpha into position," Aqualad said.

I stood and headed towards where i was supposed to stand. M'ghan lowered the hooks. I attached it to my utility belt and jumped through the hole in the Bioship. Wally and a new kid, Jaime i think was his name, were lowered to the ground with me. Well, Jaime flew to the ground in his Blue Beetle armour.

"What are we looking for?" Jaime asked.

"I'm guessing that," I pointed at the giant glowing object.

"Killer Moth," Wally said. "He's been building those all over the world,"

"Why?" I asked.

"He wants to control everyone, but he has no way to do it," Wally said.

"What's with the glowing building then, KF?" I asked.

"Killer Moth can control Moths, right? What if he's doing something like that?" Jaime suggested.

"Good thinking," KF said.

After that conversation, everything went by in a blur. I blacked out at some point during the mission. When I came back to consciousness, I found Wally glaring at me.

"I knew you hated me, but turning on me in the middle of a mission?" Wally said.

"I... I don't remember..." I sat up, rubbing my head.

"You could've killed me and Jaime. He's inexperienced," Wally exclaimed.

I pulled myself out of bed and pulled a hoodie over my torn suit.

"I'm... I..." I rushed out the room.

I locked myself in my room and slid down the door, pulling my legs up to my chest.

I don't remember doing any of that. I didn't do-

'Nightwing, I'm setting up a psychic link,' M'gann said in my head. 'Please don't say anything.'

'Alright.'

'Alright everyone, the link is set up, Nightwing excluded,' M'gann spoke.

'I got him! God, should've seen his face,' Wally exclaimed.

'You're going to break his trust with you forever,' Conner said.

'He won't find out,' Wally said.

'How do you know?' Conner asked. You could hear the hostility in his voice.

'Whatever man, I'll go apologize or something,'

'That wont be necessary,' I said before disconnecting from the chat.

I felt dizzy. It felt like my chest was caving in on itself. The last time i felt like this was when my parents had died.

Conner walked through the door before turning to lock it behind him.

"Dick?" he asked quietly.

I let out a gasp/sob. Conner immediately knew it was a panic attack.

"I-I can't breath," I gasped quietly.

"You can, you just need to calm down," Conner said gently, giving me a hug.

It took a few minutes, but my sobs and gasps turned to deep breaths and sniffs. I looked up at him.

"I-I don't know what happened on the mission," I said.

"A moth, it had something with mind control, found its way into your costume. You were injected with the serum or whatever it was. You temporarily turned on us. I knocked you out," Conner spoke softly.

I nodded, rubbing my eye.

"Are you going to leave again?" Conner asked me quietly.

I looked up at him wide eyed. That's what i did last time. I'm not going to do it again. I'm not going to make myself seem like a brat who can't take a joke.

"No, Conner. I'm not leaving, you can't get rid of me that easily."

Authors note:

I know, i finally updated, after what? A few months? Sorry about that guys, I've been stressed with testing and stuff, but I'll try and be quicker with my updates. I hope you enjoyed.