3. I need my best friend... (Jack and Riley)

I looked over an saw my best friend walking through the door. I had given him a key ages ago and now I had the key to his place. "Hey riles." He noticed the look I was giving him and sat down next to me on the couch, "What happened?" He whispered holding my hand.

I laughed at him. "I was cheated on, but you know that already, don't you?"

He looked around nervously, "I don't know what you mean," he said.

"Yes you do! Don't fucking lie to me. I trusted you, we promised each other. We said we would tell each other everything, no matter how much it would hurt each other. And you broke that promise the minute you found out and said nothing."

He inhaled and looked down at his lap.

"You told your younger sister to call me. That you were hurt and that I should come over. Of course I dropped everything and went, only to find out that you weren't there and that your older brother Eli, aka my boyfriend Is cheating on me. With my fucking cousin Jack. My fucking cousin and you knew. You knew this whole time that your brother was fucking Meghan and you said nothing. You did all of that shit instead of just telling me." Tears started falling my voice breaking, "You hurt me, more than you fucking know, more than Eli did."

I got up and began walking up the stairs but paused on the last step, "Get out Jack. I don't want to see you again, don't talk to me at school, don't sit next to me at family dinners. I don't want to see you again." I closed the door to my room, hearing Jack's bike rev outside.

---

Jack's POV

I'm an idiot. I knew that she would realise the plan, I can't believe I did that. But I had to, she needed to know that my dickhead of a brother and her slut of a cousin were having sex. She's not with the right guy and I'm going to show her.

1 week later...

Riley still wasn't talking to me and everybody noticed. The school was quieter without our laughter and joking. Since Riley was head cheerleader, her mood was felt by many. Eli still went to our school, a senior, Riley and I were juniors.

The whole school had found about how he had slept with the school slut, who wasn't popular. She had one friend and everybody hated her. 'Somebody' told the whole football team to beat him up. I am the captain but they did it for Riley. Everybody loved her.

The amount of hate Eli got was unreal, none of it was physical tho, it was a loss of popularity, an instant drop in the food-chain. He was even after Meghan and that was something. His status meant a lot to him and his friends had left him after hearing about what he did. I mean Riley was HOT. And a lot of his friends were jealous that he got to date her but hurting her just pissed them off. And cheating on her with somebody as repulsive as Meghan was a disgrace. This was gonna stick with him for a while especially since he used to be friends with Riley's older brother and they along with the whole of his ex-friends, were all going to the same ivy-league university. Sucks to be him.

When my mom found out about what Eli did, she almost threw up and when I told her who it was with. She erupted like a fucking volcano.

My whole family love riley and they were pissed to find out that Eli broke her like that, especially Katie, my little sister. Nobody's talking to him and I think he's finally realised that he's done wrong and the effect of what he did. Good.

I was now working on my plan to win Riley back. It was hard work but I knew she would love it and I was gonna get her back. As more than a friend.

2 days later...

I was finally done and everything was set up.

I walked into school this morning and people who knew about the plan gave me a pat on the back, a thumbs up or whispered good luck.