Chapter Ten

The week passed much too slowly for both Ronan and Laura. Both of them were too busy with work to be able to see each other but every night Ronan called Laura and the two of them would lay in their beds and talk well into the night.

Coffee had become very important to both of them since they were losing sleep but neither minded. Ronan found that his heart was becoming Laura's more and more everyday. He was surprised that it felt so natural to be with Laura. He had not thought that his heart could ever belong to any woman other then Amelia but he had learned a long time ago that God often had His own plans. And it truly felt like Laura was a gift from God.

Ronan was lying in bed early Saturday morning and thinking about getting up when he heard the phone ring in the living room. He jumped to his feet and ran the short length of the hallway to the kitchen and quickly grabbed the phone off the wall.

"Hello?" he said hoping to hear Laura's soft voice on the other end and he wasn't disappointed.

"Good morning." she said sleepily. "I didn't wake you up did I?"

"No. I've been lying in bed awake for at least an hour waiting until it was late enough to call you." He heard her smile on the other end of the line.

"What are you gonna do today?" Laura asked.

"I was actually hoping maybe we could do something together." Ronan replied honestly.

"What did you have in mind?"

"I'm not sure. Penelope stayed the night with Bruce so we won't have to worry about entertaining a five year old." he said with a smile.

"I love entertaining Penny." Laura said quickly. "But then again it will be nice to have you all to myself." she added.

"Well why don't I take a shower and come on over and we can figure out what we want to do once I get there?" he asked.

"It's a date." Laura replied.

"Alright. I'll see you soon." Ronan said and hung up. Laura put the phone on the base and ran for the bathroom. So far Ronan had done nothing more then give her a few earthshaking, knee weakening, pulse quickening kisses and she had no idea if her relationship with him was going to get any more physical today but she was going to make sure her legs were shaved…. Just in case.

Laura was just stepping out of the shower when she heard the front door open and close. She smiled. 'That was quick.' She thought to herself. Ronan must have really been wanting to see her.

"I'll be down in just a minute! Make yourself comfortable." she called. She looked in the mirror and decided she didn't want to take the time to blow dry her hair so she brushed it out and pulled it up into a pony tail. She felt her heart jump up into her throat and quickly wrapped her towel around herself when she heard footsteps coming up the stairs toward the bathroom door. Those were not Ronan's footsteps. Ronan's footsteps were heavy and confident. These were softer and almost hesitant just like….

"Mason!" Laura exclaimed as the bathroom door opened and Mason was standing there in his perfectly tailored suit, his blond hair slicked back and his blue eyes flashing as he looked her up and down.

"Hello Laura." he said with that smirky grin on his face that she hated so much… Had she actually thought he was handsome once upon a time?

"What the hell are you doing here?" she demanded pulling the towel tighter around her.

"Who did you think it was? How many people have a key to this place?" he asked running his hand over his smooth boyish cheek.

"I wasn't aware that you still had a key." Laura replied matter of factly. "Now answer my question and tell me what the hell you are doing here?"