Chapter 5- The Questioning

Dedicated to Sarcasm_Intended for the following book Red Star is mentioned a few times. 

A/N I had promised a chapter to Blue_Keyed_Piano and here it is. I hope you enjoy it and I did have writers block, but hopefully it's over. 

Hail Hydra, Mortals

Chapter 5

Phoenix P.O.V

The stars in the sky, twinkle brightly. My hands grip onto the steel railing that stops me from falling down seventy floors. Lights gleam from Stark Tower out onto the balcony. My raven hair blows in the wind and my eyes flicker above the tops of the buildings next to us.

The song let it go floats through the windows. Christmas in July and also because Tony's latest addiction is to the movie Frozen.

"You come here often?" I let out a chuckle and look over at Captain America, who's leaning against the wall near the door.

"Is this your attempt to become modern, Mr. Rogers?" He stands up straight and begins to walk over to me with a smile on his face. "Or is it you trying to become another Mr. Stark?" His face turns to a frown and I chuckle, turning back to the midnight stars.

"You know what-"I cut him off.

"Yes, I do know you're easy to tease." I glance at him from the corner of my eye. He bumps his shoulder with mine playfully. "So what brings the First Avenger out onto the balcony?"

"Someone looked a little lonely. Though they might want to talk." I read between the lines and find the double meaning. He's talking about what happened between my Dad and I, also the Hydra problem. I haven't told anything else about that day.

"Talking won't do no good, Steve. It will make me relive it and trust me, you don't want to know what happened." I feel his hand on my shoulder and he slowly turns me to face him.

"I'll listen to everything you say, just tell me when you want or need to talk." He voice is low, not with sympathy or pity, it's just low and soft almost as a comfort. Like a song that's soft and soothing. I smile at him and nod. It seems to go silent, before I make the first move and wrap an arm around his waist, before moving the other one and hugging him.

He hugs me back and to his chest tightly. Before I realize it, I feel tears flood from my eyes and they're definitely unwanted. I know he feels them, but he doesn't comment. He just lets me cry, into his chest and I close my eyes and try to burrow myself closer to him.

As I take deep breaths, I inhale his cologne and it makes me sigh. Why does he have to smell so good! I feel like a creep, so I pull back and avoid looking into his eyes.

"Thanks, Rogers."

"Don't block me out like that, Nix. It's not Rogers, not Mr. Rogers or Captain America. It's Steve for you." He stands close to me and gently tips my chin up and our heads slowly begin to move closer before our lips conne-

Beep, beep, beep!

My alarm blares out and I groan in annoyance. Somebody is going to die today. Who the heck set my alarm?

I grumble again as it continues and gets louder by the second. I slam a fist down onto it and I hear it crack, along with the table beneath my fist. I snarl as the beeping continues and I realize it's my phone.

I turn over in my bed and grab my phone, holding it in front of my face and wincing as the light shines directly into my eyes. Oh holy honey bunches of oats it's five am! Code red... that word repeats in my head vigorously before I realize it's one of the codes about missions. It means something is coming our way.