Chapter nine: Deception Begins...

Daniel's POV:

I watched Mr. Chair as he patched up the, still unconscious, black Wolf; Robby. Robby would whine quietly, of flinch in his sleep whenever Mr. Chair touched the tender claw marks that Holly had viciously left.

"He'll be fine, but I don't want him traveling... His wounds could possibly re-open and get infected," Mr. Chair looked my way, pushing his glasses closer to his brown eyes.

"You should've seen her, Mr. Chair..." I sighed, getting back to my feet and brushing the grass off my pants, "Holly... wanted him... Dead..."

"Mhmm... Hatred can do that to a person..." Mr. Chair's brown gaze grew a clouded glaze to them, "Hatred can snap a person's heart, like a twig... It's what... happened to... Gonzales..."

I nearly fell over, looking at Mr. Chair with wide eyes, what's he talking about? Stephano had never told me the story of what happened between him and his brother, now that I had Mr. Chair, I was very curious.

"What happened to Gonzales?" I questioned with a casual tone.

"Well, I don't think..." Mr. Chair fidgeted with his fingers, looking down in his usual shy way, "I think Stephano should tell you, it's his story to tell... Not mine."

"Stephano won't-" I began to protest, soon snapping my gaze to a waking Robby.

I allowed my blue aura to form its usual sharp and long claws; prepared to defend myself and Mr. Chair if needed. I narrowed my eyes on Robby as he glared at Mr. Chair, then at me.

"Where am I - it reeks of that Protector..." Robby sneered, drawing his ears back.

"That Protector was once your best friend..." I retorted with a growl.

"Key word: was..." Robby huffed, closing his eyes and perking his ears up.

I shook my head with another sigh, my blue claws vanishing into thin air as I crossed my arms. He's way too weak to attack right now, I thought while watching as he tried to get up; falling over with a pained grunt.

"Try not to move so much... You'll re-open your wounds..." Mr. Chair spoke up quietly, pointing at Robby's bandaged torso.

"Well, I'm not staying here... I get bored rather quickly..." Robby snorted, getting to his paws; keeping his balance this time.

Mr. Chair only gave a friendly smile and walked away, entering the training ground. I kept my eye on Robby as he followed with a small struggle.

"Meet our new friends..." I chuckled, entering the training ground after Robby; watching his emotionless face turn to shock.

"I knew you had many allies... but... This is ridiculous..." Robby blinked up at me; for once, his red eyes didn't glow with hostility.

I only shrugged and crossed my arms, smirking the whole time. Suddenly, I snapped my eyes open, hearing angry barking; Savanna and Chelsea.

"What are you doing here?!" Chelsea barked, rearing up on her hind legs and swiping at the air.

"Watch it runt... I might just have you as a snack..." Robby licked his chomps, snapping his gaze at the apprentice.

"Don't worry-" I started, soon interrupted by a snarling Savanna.

"Back off!" Savanna stepped over her cowering apprentice, "Remember who's territory you're in..."

"Y-Yeah! Furball! Fox-dung!" Chelsea barked out, swiping at Robby's nose with sheathed paws, "You're our prisoner!"

"Guys, everyone needs to chill-ax!" Felix screeched from my side, causing me to jump slightly; not noticing that he had been approaching us.