Chapter 1: Aztec

C h a p t e r O n e

                       S C A R L E T

S C A R L E T

S h e ' s Dead.

Those two words chanted throughout my head. I squeezed my eyes shut but I could still see the image relaying on my brain. My hands were bounded over my head by silver cuffs, that scorched my naked skin, the chains weren't long enough and often I found myself tip toeing to lessen the pain on my wrists. My heart hummed in pain as I stood here bounded; could one live like this forever and call it living?

I certainly, couldn't live like this forever, I'd drive myself to insanity. The physical torture he inflicted on us was insignificant compared to the mental abuse we faced everyday.

A couple days ago, one of the females had slit her wrist with a dull scissors she had found in the kitchen. Ver had been acting off the entire day, why didn't I notice? I should have done more to save her, she was only fourteen years old! He had introduced Ver a few months ago, he had found her on one of his hunting trips. I shook violently, begging my brain to allow me to sleep, I didn't — want to think anymore. Ver was with the moon goddess now, she's at peace, but I'm still stuck here with the devil waiting for my fresh piece of hell.

Oh no.

The cell door slowly, creaked open — and he stepped inside. I gulped, unready for the explicit amount of pain I was about to receive. When he stepped closer, I screamed on instinct — Squirming to get away from him. He smirked lousily, his fingers going to his thin pink lips, he made a sh sound.

"Easy, my child. You're my favourite child — I would never hurt you." He coo'd gripping my jaw, his eyes demanding my silence. "But if you don't stop this nonsense, you leave me with only one choice." I immediately, stopped my movements and allowed him to hold me. "That wasn't so hard was it?"

"Was it?" He demanded.

"No," I murmur softly, my throat sore from my lack of supplements. "No.." He smirked thin lips, curved to form an almost smile.

He pressed his disgusting lips to my cheek; stealing a kiss. I closed my eyes, attempting to distinguish the agony that lingered on my brain. He played with my hair, I casted my gaze towards him. "You're so beautiful."

I nodded.

He pulled my hair roughly, "Do you have no manners? I just complimented you! What do you say back to?" He asked aggressively.