Chapter 3: A New Beginning

Chapter three: A new Beginning

                 S C A R L E T  👑 aka Queen

Moon Runner

          "That won't be necessary. The girl can come with me." He lisped lowly, redirecting his intense stare to me.

          A soft crisp wind blew by, lifting the ends of his fur coat into the air, he stood before me. Arms crossed,  metallic eyes stared down at me. Caleb nodded and proceeded to helping the other girls into the waiting vehicles, his frown deepening any time he glanced at his mate, Chelsea. Aztec paid me no mind as he overlooked what was happening, for once in a long time I took a deep breath. My shoulders relaxing, but my body yearned for a warm bed to call mines. A sleek black car pulled up, the driver exiting the car to open both sides of the door, gesturing for us to enter.

     The interior of the car was red and black, there was a divider between the driver and the passengers in the back. I nodded my head submissively and got into the car, the door was shut behind me and seconds later King Aztec slid inside. He took out his phone, tuning me out in a sense, the car jerked and sped off. He tapped loudly against his phone, a groan of frustration leaving his lips. I licked my dry lips, my throat feeling just as dry.

      "Um..." I say softly, his head snapped to look at me as I spoke, "Is everything alright?"

He stared at me for a few dreadfully long seconds.

         "I should be asking you that question, little wolf. Are you well?" He asks side stepping my question.

          I think about his question for a few minutes, but I felt slumped. Was I okay? I spent the last six years as a prisoner in a psychopath's home and now I'm free, but was I free?  Did I deserve to be free or alive? So I met his stormy eyes with my tear filled ones and nodded my head.

        "In time."

       "You are a strong she wolf. I can feel it in your aura," he responds.

       The car fell into a deep silence. I leaned my head against the door of the car and stared out the window as trees whipped by, my eyes lazily making out different animals and trees. The king was typing away at his phone, frustrated at the little device. I drew my head from the window, fidgeting with my fingers, a question burning away at me.

        "What's going to happen to us now?" I ask staring at my hands.

        He sighed. "Lots. We are bringing you guys to my palace in Russia, my doctors will fully evaluate you guys and we'll find the best way to help every girl. Most girls weren't under that man's care for long and we are returning them back to their pack after their evaluation, the ones we today such as yourself will need special attention."