Chapter One

Gabby’s POV:

-One New Message from Babezilla-

I inwardly chuckled at the contact name. I swear it reminded me of his idiocy every single time, hence why I refused to change it. 

The text read:

“Good luck on your first day babe. I’m sorry I can’t be there with you…

I sighed, biting my lip so that I wouldn’t look like an idiot grinning at my phone in front of all these people. It was my first day of university and I was beyond excited. It sucked that Wes was too busy rehearsing to take time off but it didn’t really bother me. He was working hard to make his dream come true and that was all that mattered. I put my phone away, not bothering to text him back just yet. I’d already explained a billion times that I was absolutely fine with him not being there.

I got up from my position on the bench and pulled out my map, ready to find exactly where I was supposed to go. Scanning the paper I tried to figure out where I was, looking for landmarks or anything of the sort. Okay, so that’s Gate 3 over there and…

“Excuse me…do you know where we are? I’m so lost right now…” A guy around my age piped up in front of me, furrowing his eyebrows as he searched his own map. I was about to question whether he was asking me or not when he looked up from the map, looking directly at me. A soft smile fell upon his lips as he waited for my answer.

“I actually have no idea either…” I chuckled. “But two minds are better than one right?”

“Very true! Is it your first day too?” he asked, his deep brown eyes sparking with amusement.

“What? No!” I joked.

“You’re looking a little lost for someone who’s been here before!” he teased.

“Speak for yourself!” I scoffed, a grin found its way to my lips. It was nice to be able to talk to someone who knew exactly how I felt right now. He grinned back at me with an unbelievably perfect smile. Geez, this guy is going to be raking in the girls at this university!

“I’m Nate by the way” he chuckled awkwardly. I began to blush as I realised I had been studying him for a little longer than I should have been. Gosh, where was Wes when you need him?! He would’ve made me feel so much less awkward in a matter of seconds…but no, I’m here by myself and feeling as nervous as ever!

“Gabby!” I took his outstretched hand in mine and shook it gently. As he let go of my hand he brushed his dark brown hair out of his eyes, looking back down at his map.

“So my classroom is supposedly there…” he pointed to a spot on the map and I could feel my eyes light up. At least I would know one person in my class.

“Me too!” I chimed.

~~~

I sighed as I walked through the front door. All I wanted to do was kick back my feet and relax. Who knew one day of uni could be so exhausting?! It had been nice to have someone to talk to though. Nate was a pretty chill guy, and apart from the billion pairs of eyes on him 24/7, it wasn’t awkward between us at all. When I say he got a lot of attention I honestly mean it. I know he was incredibly good looking, but seriously?! Did people have to stare at him constantly?!

It felt good to be home at last where I could just chill out for a little bit. I could already tell this year was going to be intense and I had only experienced one day of it! I walked over to the couch, ready to sink into the chair and go to sleep when I noticed a DVD with a note stuck to it.