Chapter Five

Wes’ POV:

The door slammed against the wall as I threw it open. Anger was pulsing throughout me as I stepped into my own house. I hadn’t actually been home for weeks now, under any other circumstances I probably wouldn’t have come home for even longer than a few weeks, but everything was all getting too much.

Gabby and I hadn’t spoken ever since I discovered Nate’s little secret. It was the longest, and most real argument we had ever had. Right now I was here to fix it. To make her see my point of view for once instead of just accepting the fact that she refused to believe me.

Her head shot up almost immediately, her startled eyes staring up at me. I almost let out a hysterical laugh as I saw him sitting next to her, his arm slung around her shoulder casually. As if he actually cared.

My nose wrinkled in disgust as soon as my eyes landed on him and a vicious growl escaped my lips. I was fuming to say the least. After weeks of trying to call her, trying to reason with her, all she had been doing was spending her time with him. Fucking perfect.

“Get out,” I hissed. My voice was low, my tone demanding. He opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it and instead got up to leave.

“Nate don’t. He’s just being a selfish jerk, he’s the one who should be leaving!” She snapped, her anger directed towards me. I narrowed my eyes at her, daring her to make me leave.

“It’s my house too and I say get out!” I snarled, directing my words to Nate. I needed to talk to Gabby. Whether she liked it or not she WAS going to listen to me.

“I swear to God if you leave Nate I will—”

“You guys need to talk,” he mumbled, cutting her off. I clenched my teeth at the sound of his voice. It took everything I had in me not to drop him then and there.

My eyes remained on Gabby’s as Nate left without another word. She scowled at me, walking towards me and jabbing her finger at my chest.

“Happy now? You got him to leave. Why don’t you do us both a favour and just follow him out that damn door?!”

“Of course I’m not fucking happy! I spent three weeks calling you every day and night! I couldn’t concentrate on the songs we were singing and I BARELY scraped through the live performances we had to do! All because you never called me back! DO you know how worried I was? You’d gone home with some gang member and you expect me to be okay with it?! For godsake Gabby I—“

“Stop trying to act like you’re the victim in all of this! You’re such a jealous egotistical jerk that can’t handle his girlfriend having a proper guy friend for once! I can’t believe that you would just waltz in here and demand that he leaves!” She screamed.

“It’s my fucking house I will do what I want!”

“It’s my house too Wesley! Forget that? Because you surely haven’t been here for weeks. You don’t understand how lonely it’s been living here by myself! Nate has been the only person to keep me sane through all of this and you’re telling me that you don’t want me to see him? Well fuck you Wes!”

Anger was swirling around us, the energy flying high in the air. She was so close to me now, I could almost taste her. A day without seeing her used to be enough for me to crave her touch, but 3 weeks? It was safe to say I was on the verge of insanity. I needed her, and the fact that we were both angry only pushed me to do what I did next.

I slammed my lips onto hers so hard that she stumbled backwards and into the wall. She grunted as her back made contact with the wall but made no effort to push me off of her. My hands were pressed firmly to her waist, gripping onto her tightly. There was so much force behind my kiss that I was almost afraid I was going to hurt her. For a second I wanted to scream at her for not kissing me back, but that moment was gone as soon as I felt her lips moving against mine.