Chapter Three

Gabby’s POV:

I had been counting down the days all week, waiting for the day I would get to see Wes again. It was like that was the only thing keeping me sane and keeping me from breaking down again. I don’t even know what had come over me lately. It was not like I had ever been an overly-clingy girlfriend before. So why now all of a sudden did I have to feel as though I couldn’t live without him?

The thoughts scattered from my brain as soon as I saw the back of his head. My breathing completely halted in my throat. It was like my vision just zoomed in on him and only him, everything else in the room right now didn’t matter. I quietly walked up behind him, not wanting him to notice me just yet. People were milling around everywhere, producers, cameramen, performers…the whole lot, but all I cared about was Wes. He was going over his song, singing it softly to himself and staring down at a lyric sheet. I knew he wouldn’t need it, but it would be for his own reassurance. Nothing could be worse than forgetting the words on the first live show.

I crept up behind him, a small smile finding its way to my lips. I wrapped my hands around his eyes as soon as I was in his reach. I could feel his cheeks lifting upwards into that beautiful smile that I know and love. Even though I had come a lot earlier than I had told him he knew it was me.

“Oh I wonder who this could be?” he gasped, faking his shock. I giggled as his hands reached backwards to pull me closer to him. I could feel his hands slowly slipping further down and I immediately peeled my hands away from his eyes to hold his in place on my waist.

“Keep them there you cheeky bastard!” I chuckled, letting go of his hands so that he could turn around. As he turned around I could see the giant grin on his lips, just the sight of it made me go weak at the knees. I melted into his grip, clinging onto him and his shirt.

“I have missed you so—“

“Shut up and kiss me” I ordered. He smirked, clearly enjoying the authority in my voice and the effect he had on me.

“You don’t have to ask me twice!” he exclaimed, slipping his hands around my waist again and pulling me closer by the small of my back. I giggled as I came crashing into his chest, my hands resting gently on him as he leaned in.

Our lips were like magnets, forcing us together in an unbreakable bond. As soon as our lips made contact everything just started to fade around me. I didn’t care who saw us or what was going around us, all I wanted to do was have him all to myself. When I opened my mouth a little wider he dived straight in, our tongues dancing together like the perfect duet.

Shivers ran up and down my spine, yet his warmth was completely engulfing me in this moment. I had been craving this for weeks and having him here was even better than what I had promised myself. His hands reached up to my face, tracing my jawline with his thumbs.

“I love you” I whimpered into his lips. Random happy tears burning my eyes. How that was possible I do not know because I had them squeezed tightly shut, only flickering them open for a second to make sure that this was real. I could feel his lips curve upwards as he left a lingering kiss on my lips.

When we broke apart my eyes flickered open again, landing straight on him.

“I love you too Gabby” he breathed, resting his forehead on mine. It took me a second to realise that we were actually the only people in the room.

“Um…where is everyone else?”

“I told them to piss off when my girl was here.” I scoffed, hitting on the chest playfully.

“And why would you do that?”

“I wanted you all to myself!” he hummed, positioning his hands so that they were resting on my waist once again. He began to trace patterns in my side causing me to squirm due to my ticklishness.