Chapter Four

Wes’ POV:

I groaned, awoken by the annoying sound of a phone buzzing. My arms were wrapped securely around Gabby’s waist and I was so comfortable in this position that it killed me to break away from her. But knowing I had to I did it anyway.

I reached back onto the bedside table fumbling around for the source of the loud noise. When my fingers finally landed on the culprit I brought it in front of my eyes, immediately regretting it as it almost completely blinded me. I grunted as my eyes slowly began to adjust to the bright white light.

Turns out it was Gabby’s phone and she had a text from Nate. I know most people don’t check their partner’s phones but Gabby and I were that couple that had nothing to hide. Plus if it was urgent I’d be able to wake Gabby up right? Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night.

-One New Text Message From Nate-

-          -  Remember you promised me that date ;) x

My teeth clenched as I read the text. I was never going to be that boyfriend that got jealous, but to be honest I didn’t trust this Nate dude. Yes I know I have never properly met him but there was just something off about him and I couldn’t quite put my finger on it.

I placed the phone back on the table, hoping that he would give up after one text. Didn’t he realise that it was way too early in the morning to be texting someone?! Wait…shit I was meant to get up early!

I grabbed the phone again, searching for the time straight away. I cursed under my breath as I realised that I only had half an hour to have a shower, have breakfast, look presentable and wake Gabby up. Yeah, usually that would be easy…but the waking Gabby up part could take a while…

I sighed, looking over at her delicate sleeping frame. All I wanted to do was curl up with her and go straight back to sleep, she was warm, comfortable and smelt incredibly good. That sounded a hell of a lot better than going to a rehearsal right now.

I leant over her, placing a hand on her waist to steady myself as I went in to kiss her on the cheek.

“Mmmm” she hummed, her lips curving upwards into a smile but her eyes making no attempt at all to open.

“I have to go now babe, I have a rehearsal in half an hour!” I explained, making sure that my breath fanned her cheek at every word. I began to smirk as I noticed her shiver. She groaned and grabbed the hand that was resting on her waist, yanking it forward so that it was wrapped around her stomach entirely. I too was pulled forward, since it was my arm…and I just caught myself before I slammed straight into her.

“It’s too early!” She huffed, refusing to let go of my arm as she hugged it tightly to herself. I chuckled, shifting my position so that I was more comfortably pressed against her as my arm draped across her body. “That’s better!” she mumbled sleepily. In that moment I was reminded of how much I missed her, it was like with her here I could finally breathe again.

I played with her hair with my free hand, twisting it between my fingers gently. She giggled and leant further back into me.

“I really do have to go…” I sighed, dropping her hair from my fingers and pushing myself into an upright position.

“No!! It only takes you two seconds to get ready!!” she whined, holding onto my arm with a tighter grip.

“There are going to be cameras filming all day! I have to at least look presentable! Maybe in front of you looking like this is okay…but not in front of thousands of people!” She rolled over, still holding tightly onto my hand. It made me squirm with the way that she was playing with my fingers. I looked up at her cheeky grin and frowned, it was a good thing the duvet cover was shielding me…otherwise I would’ve felt very exposed under her gaze.