Chapter 4

*two months later* Mikey was recovering faster each day. Next week was the end of the first semester. Testing time. In reading class I was assigned a report on a movie with my partner... John. The due date for the report was in two days so we decided to go the the movies right after school. I didn't have a chance to tell Mikey. 

10 minutes into the movie John started to make a move. I tried to tell him I had a boyfriend but he didn't care. I kept pushing him away but it only made it worst I began to give up and told myself Mikey would never find out. It wasn't like i was doing anything wrong it was all John. After the movie finished we waited outside on a bench for our parents.  Mikey walked pass us with some friends I got so nervous but he only glanced at us walking away. This pissed me off. I didn't know if that was his way of saying were over or he just didn't care.

The second i got home I called Mikey non stop it kept going straight to voicemail. An hour later he texted ''Ey come over!''.  This was the end. He wanted to talk in person. I walked to his house regretting my actions. 

Nobody was home and when I called his name he didn't answer. I walked into his room there he was asleep on the floor. I attempted waking him up but he was a heavy sleeper. I went downstairs and started to made some brownies. I was putting them in the oven when he came tripping down the stairs I knew something was wrong. He finally reached me and was really touchy I pushed him away to notice he was high. I slapped him across the face he began to talk dirty trying to kiss me. I really wasn't in the mood for this so I walked outside to cool off. Mikey followed me asking why I was so mad. I tried to talk to him but there was no use, it was like talking to the wall. I called Layla asking if I could go over. 

I started walking to her house when Mikey's mom Susanne pulled her car to the side and asked If I needed a ride. I got in. She asked if I came from her house i told her I did but Mikey wasn't feeling good so I left. (I didn't want him to get in trouble) she dropped me off and invited me to their next family gathering. Layla was waiting for me at her door, I immediately started babbling about everything that happened.