Chapter 5

Two days had gone by that I hadn't spoke to Mikey. I avoided lunch with him and 2nd period. After school Layla invited me to the movies to go watch Annabelle with her new boyfriend Tommy. I wasn't too excited to go 1. i hate scary movies 2. I was gonna be third wheeling. I decided to go just to get my mind off Mikey and ask Tommy how he was doing.

 Half way thru the movie Tommy and Layla were already getting dirty. It was cute at first but he started to touch her.  After I was sick of third wheeling I went to the bathroom and invited Mikey to come watch the movie. Within 10 minutes he was there. We walked around till we got to the food court where we got ice cream. There was a lot of awkward silence. I knew I had to be the one to stop being stubborn and talk about what happened the previous days.

 ''Sooo what happened the other day?''

''If your trying to tell me I shouldn't be doing drugs I already know. It was a one time thing I don't need an intervention.''

''I wasn't talking about that.''
''Oh so it's about you and John hanging at the movies?''
I was really shocked he just said that I didn't even know he would remember.
''We weren't hanging. Mikey we had a movie report for reading, he was my partner.''
''Really a report? Well is that why he had his arm around you.''
He pulled out his phone showing me a picture of that night.
''Mikey, you don't understand I tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen! Besides you know I suck at Reading I really needed that A."
''Lauren you didn't even bother calling me or at least texting me I would have been okay with you two going but you went behind my back. This isnt working out, we need a break.''