Chapter 6

2 days later
Today was the day of Mikey's family get to together. Although I promised his mom I was going there was no way I could show my face after I had been dumped. I spent my weekend with a bag of popcorn & Netflix. Monday came along and Mikey went back to South Plainfield to visit family members. During lunch Kendra, my enemy since 6th grade, gave my a nasty look shoving me. I didn't know what her deal was. I mean last year after she found out I had a crush on John she ended up going out with him a week later. That's what she was know for, stealing everyones crush. After she walked away I knew what she was after. Mikey. I had to do everything I could to stop her. I was about to text Mikey when my notification popped up on twitter he had posted a selfie with a girl named Sophia.

 Mikey came back from New Jersey on Thursday. When he returned to school Friday I tried my best to run into him during classes. The only time I had to talk to him was in 2nd period but I only had 5 minutes since we were testing. Our next classes were right next to each other so I walked him. ''Mikey I'm real sorry for keeping everything a secret from you. Could you give me another chance?"

''Another chance? So you can hang out with other guys. I got to go im be late to class.''

I walked away holding back tears. He was being a huge asshole but I deserved it. During lunch i sat with Layla. We were going outside to meet up with another friend Valerie. Layla started winking at a group of boys I ignored it until I realized John was the one she was winking at. Were they a thing now? Its not like i cared but isn't she dating Tommy? She turned me the other way I could hear a group of people running my direction. What the hell was going on. I turned around to see John holding up roses. "Will you be may date to the halloween dance?" I slowly walked up to him giving him a hug.  I was about to apologize saying I couldn't go but I saw everyone crowed around us even Mikey. I couldn't embarrass him by saying no but then again I couldn't say yes because I still liked Mikey. A lot.