Chapter 42: Fall For You {Part 1}

It had been 3 days since the day I found my father. He was doing some charity work for kMart and then he was heading back to Sydney. We chatted with him after he finished work and we sorted a few things out. We organised a day for just him and I to talk about everything, after Christmas. I wanted to just forget about it for now. I came on this trip to relax, not to worry about how I've been lied to my whole life.

We had arrived in a place called Glenroy. It wasn't far out of the city and tomorrow we would be heading into the city and I'm pretty sure Cal and Mickey wanted to hit up some nightclubs so that would be a sight to see. It was mainly for their benefit but Luke gets to see me get all dolled up I suppose.

Today was the 18th of December so it was currently exactly a week till Christmas and I couldn't be more excited. I hadn't had a proper christmas in about 5 years. Dad- I mean uh, Chris and I just sat at home alone eating homemade pizza and watched TV. He never really got me anything either. But I think he just gave up because usually when parents don't know what to get their kids, they give them money. And me being the frustrating kid I was, didn't want his money. But now I'm entitled to it and I have some stupid court thing about it with my Auntie in January, which I wasn't looking forward too.

"Hey Keegan, do you want anything?" Luke asked as we had stopped at a petrol station.
"Uh.... No, I think I'm good" I said and he smiled
"So chocolate and a bottle of lemonade?" He asked and gave me a look saying he was proud that he knew me so well
"Yes please" I said and he just shook his head
"Why don't you just say that?" Luke asked
"Because I don't like asking people for things.." I told him and he leaned into me ear
"That wasn't the case last time we had sex" he said and I pushed him
"Shut up" I said and he just chuckled, kissing my cheek and getting out of the car

When he and the boys came back, we continued to our hotel which wasn't too shabby. It was actually better than the one we stayed in last so that's got to count for something, right? We got our bags out while Luke and Ashton went to check us in.
"So have you and Luke... You know, had sex since the accident?" Mikey asked
"Not yet" I said and he nodded
"You know he wouldn't do anything to hurt you deliberately, right?" Cal asked
"Yes, I know that. I've tried guys. I think I'm ready and then I'm not. Luke says it's ok but I know he misses it" I told them and they sighed

*FLASHBACK*

It was the third night of the trip and we were in a place called Gundagai. Luke and I were alone in our hotel room with a couple drinks and some food. The other boys were tired and were party poopers so we had a two man party... Except I'm not a man of course.

We were sitting on the bed and we were drinking and laughing about some stupid joke that Luke had made. Something about weevils. Definitely Dad joke material. By the time he had his second drink you could tell he was getting tipsy. You had to give him at least 6-7 before he gets really tipsy, like borderline drunk. We got three each so we would be fine.

"You know what? I love you Keegan" he said and I smiled, still drinking my first drink.
"I love you too blondie" I said and he laughed
"I'd call you brownie but that's definitely racist" he said and my jaw dropped and I pushed his shoulder
"Naughty boy! No! No racist jokes" I said and he laughed
"It fell out, I'm sorry" he said and I laughed
"You're an idiot, you really are" I said and he smiled
"But you love me" he said and I nodded
"Yes, I do. I love you to the moon and back" I said, seeing his eyes light up when I said our little saying. I knew we hadn't made it up or anything like that, but to us, it felt like we did and it made us both light up when either of us said it to the other.

His lips met mine and his hand rested on my waist. My hands reached up to his cheeks and caressed them as our lips moved in sync. He pulled me onto his lap and I didn't testify. I wanted this, and I knew that everything would be fine because Luke would never do anything even remotely similar to what the man did. Luke loves me and if I can't trust him with this, then what does that make us?