nine

luke ;

clem was sobbing quietly. i couldn't cry, the shock of what we had just done sending adrenaline through my body. the boy was staring hopefully back at the way we came.

i started to doubt that ashton would come running after us at all and encouraged clem to stand.

"we should start moving, we're sitting ducks." i stood, one arm still protectively around her as she wobbled on her legs slightly. michael followed suit, holding his hand out for his son.

"no. we have to wait." his arms crossed in a teenage tantrum. michael sighed and knelt next to him.

"marcel, he may have-" footsteps started down the steps in a rush and we gasped.

i pushed clem behind me defensively, ready to look out for her. the first thing i saw was a gun but marcel pulled me out of panic to focus properly.

"you did it!" he had leaped up, "let's go dad come on!" he tugged on his dads arm heading to the platform. michael obliged, patting ashton on the back in a thank you.

clem emerged from behind me. "how..." her question trailed off.

"we need to go, they might not all be dead." he stalked off after the father and son.

clem looked at me, the same question i was thinking reflected in her eyes: all be dead? I held my hand out for her and started leading her after the rest pf our group. Her hands were sweaty but I didn't care, I had to keep her safe till the sun rises.

it was easy to catch up to the other three as they were standing on the edge of a train track. ashton leaped down, landing swiftly on his feet and looking both ways.

"there won't be trains but we have to keep an eye out for scared people hiding." he spoke so casually as he reached to help marcel, it made me shiver. as michael and marcel spoke lowly, ashton helped clem while i jumped down too, waiting to be told which way to go. he looked both ways then for what seemed to be a sign on the wall of the platform.

"i think i'm going mad." clem whispered to me. "i can hear crying!" in any other situation, i knew i would laugh at her and tell her she belonged with at the mad hatter dinner party but her grip on my arm told me she was serious. i lead her a little away from the others to try to hear what she did.

i froze when i heard voices and the sound of a metal on metal.

~
this is only a filler while i get back on track :-)