six

clem ;

luke still had hold of my hands after we had run for what felt like hours but was probably only twenty minutes through the alleys and roads of downtown chicago, even though i was sure he hated me.

i wasn't very fit and had to pull to stop, bending over to help stop the pain in my lower abdomen.

"in the middle of the street? really clementine?" i scowled at the use of my full name and straightened up, my hand still clutching onto my stomach.

"sorry luke. not everyone likes to get sweaty in the name of muscles." he rolled his eyes at me, his liking of training always an argument between us. one of the many.

our glaring match was interrupted by car headlights illuminating us. we turned to face them, the car stopping by us. it was too late for us to run and i doubted we get away like we did from those in the van.

a man with white hair was pointing a large gun at us from the back seat.

"hands up!" he shouted and we both obliged. if there was any chance of getting out alive, i think we both wanted to take it. "do you have any weapons?"

"no! our car broke down and we were chased here. we don't even know wh-" i was nodding along with luke's story, hoping it would convince the gun holder.

"dad you're scaring them." a voice came from inside the car that sounded too high for a boy that had completed going through puberty. a teen boys head popped out from around the man and he smiled.

"ashton wants to know if you support the purge?" the younger boy was still smiling as the man sighed.

"who's ashton?"

"no." unlike luke, i was still eyeing the gun that was trained on us and was willing to convince them to spare my life.

the car window of the diver rolled down and a man younger than the first leant out slightly.

"i'm ashton, nice to meet you." he stuck his arm out of the car and i shook it rapidly. "lower the gun." he ordered as luke copied my actions.

"i'm clem and this is luke." i had started to feel a little more secure that my life was being spared as the gun man moved back into the car.

the young boy leant over him and also stuck his hand out of the car. "i'm marcel and he's my dad, michael." we both shook his hand as i gave michael a perplexed look.

"not by choice. you may as well get into the car." luke instantly dived towards the handle of the back door next to michael, probably too tired to even walk round to the other side of the car. i sighed, realising putting my legs into too much action again right now was going to hurt me.

i had gotten to the front of the car when a screech of wheels was audible from the end of the road. the same large, white van came round the corner and stopped. it's engine revved once or twice before i was kicked into action by luke's shouts.

"clem get in the fucking car!" i ran round to jump into the car, ashton driving before i even had my door closed. pain shot from my muscles through my legs and i gritted my teeth as i pulled the door shut and took a few deep breaths. 

"they're following." marcel stated from the back seat, casually watching the van out of the back window of the car. no one replied but ashton pushed harder on his accelerator and pulled ahead of the van as we swerved through the city.

alex ;

i felt weirdly content now that i had gotten some level of revenge for our other sister. we had left the man, dead in his apartment and i couldn't be happier.

well, i could if we weren't stuck with an idiot like calum who decided to rebel and have people out searching for him. i knew we could have left but blair looked happy to have someone with guns with us especially considering the fact that we were probably stuck out here for the rest of the night.

i watched calum come down the steps into the underground last, his gun trained on the enterance above him as if he was expecting someone to jump out at him any minute.

i still wasn't entirely sure if i trusted him and his nervous friend, who's name i had forgotten, but judging by their nerves it would be easy to take them down if they took even the tiniest step over the line.

as i guessed i would be, i was the first to drop down onto the actual tracks. the others watched me with curious eyes which was annoying because we all knew no trains ran on this night.

"what are you scared of, a rat running you over?" blair glared at me but, being use to my usual comments, hopped down next to me. calum followed shortly after and we all turned towards the other girl. 

"there's no rats." i stated, rolling my eyes at her girly attitude. just as i finsihed speaking though, a rat sqeaked and scuttled across blair's feet, making her scream, and right towards me. i flicked my blade down and we heard a squelch and i shook my arm, making sure nothing stuck to the blade. "and if there is, i think we have it sorted." 

she reached out to take calum's hand, who helped her down because apparently she couldn't do it ourselves and we started off down the track. we made sure to keep checking down every nook and cranny, just in case someone was hiding down here but we couldn't see anything.

when we could see the next station in the distance, a few hollering shouts could be heard from somewhere behind us. 

we all turned, watching a buggy with four men sitting inside turning round a corner, chasing a man that looked homless down the track straight towards us.

so sorry i've been away. back now x