five

calum ;

after glaring at blair and aylssa i turned back around, continuing my focus on our surroundings. this wasn't how i imagined my night going, at all. i expected to be staying with the crew, who i knew was probably searching for me right now, and just saving a couple of lives by making them hide.

not by adopting three followers with only three guns between us and still less than an hour into the purge. aylssa could barely hold it without shaking and the other two obviously preferred their blades. i knew i needed to find somewhere safe enough for us to stop and talk but couldn't think of anyway safe from people on the streets and snipers.

feeling responsible for someone else's lives sucked. really sucked.

we were walking along an alley that was opposite the one we met in, staying close to the walls. i had already told aylssa to keep an eye out on the rooftops while i watched the ground. i guessed, after having a blade swung at me, the twins knew what they were doing.

"ya'll bitches want to purge well come fucking try!"

i stopped short at the end of the alley, the three girls piling up behind me.

"why the fuck did you stop?" alex snapped and she obviously didn't appreciate me telling her to shh as she tried to step around me. my arm instantly snapped out and around her to drag her back to me.

"just shut up and fucking listen." i turned to place her back behind me and peeked my head out to see what was going on.

standing on a bridge was a woman stumbling about with a gun in one hand and holding a microphone up to her mouth with the other.

"come on ya pussies! come and fight me!" i watched as she had to hold onto the railings to steady herself before i took a look at the ground around the bridge she was standing on. there was multiple dead bodies laying around, each with multiple shots.

i didn't want to tell the girls but i knew we couldn't turn back, they would have already seen me on that road's cameras and would be heading here as soon as possible. i closed my eyes and sighed, the drunk woman singing something about death to fill the silence.

"we can't go out there." i whispered to the others as i turned to face them. 

"why the hell not?" for once it seemed, it wasn't alex that spoke out but blair. 

"can you not hear the crazy bitch?" alex seemed perplexed that her very own twin could be so deaf and shook her head in annoyance. "we'll go back then." she decided before starting to walk away from me.

"go back and the people looking for me will shoot you." she stopped, her shoulders tensing in annoyance and i had a feeling if i couldn't think of a plan soon she was going to swing her blade a little higher and more successfully than her sister did.

"we can go there." alyssa was pointing behind me and i spun around to see the underground. obviously, there wasn't going to be any trains so it's possible that the underground system would be the best option we had at this point.

"if we get attacked down there i'm cutting both of your heads off before defending myself." alex growled at us before checking around the corner. she was already walking across the street, signalling for us to follow when i had stopped staring in surprise.

as we crossed, i kept my gun trained on the woman as we quickly dashed across the street and into the shadows on the other side. she didn't see us as we skipped down the steps and i breathed a sigh of relief as we entered the silence of the station.

going to start doing one p.o.v a chapter but quicker updates. well.. like two updates maybe a couple of hours away from each other? oh you'll see what i mean.

i'm writing another mystery/thriller with a friend on his acc (@donnysmiles) so i think you should check that out. it's also in the external link. 

ty so much for 5k reads on this, seriously. it's crazy omf .x