Stardate 35559

Stardate 35559

I did. I kissed Makeshift. But now I have my Jackie, my REAL Jackie.

I lined the pair up.

"Now," I declared, "there's two ways to do this. I can forcefully dig into your CPU and take the information I seek. OR. You can answer a single question."

The false Wheeljack said the question sounded good, and real one agreed.

My question was this: What is the most important word?

The real Wheeljack stared and his counterpart, heightening the pressure. He came up with a poor guess, wrench. My Wheeljack smiled.

"Always, Ratchet. ALWAYS."

I smiled in relief, stretched my hand out to him and opened a port in my wrist. He took my hand in just the right way. I pulled him close, aligning our wrists. His plug slid into me as perfectly as his mind did. {I knew you would know it was me.}

{MINE.} I pressed my lips possessively against his.

{Yours.} He melted against me.

I turned away from Wheeljack momentarily. "You." My optics dimmed in anger as he shifted back to his primary form, full of spikes and sharp spines. He lowered his head in submission and, it seemed, sadness.

"Why?"

Both mechs looked at me in confusion. "Why did you impersonate my Jack?"

"I was... lonely. When the ship crashed, I instinctively shifted into something near me which just happened to be you, Wheeljack. After I realized I was the first one up, and that the cons left me, I figured I could be with you. Until Jack woke, at least..." Makeshift spoke softly, with a silky voice.

"Why were you alone? There must be plenty of mechs on the Nemesis looking to... take advantage of your particular skill set?"

"Exactly. Most of them wanted to live out rape fantasies." I could hardly believe the steadiness in his voice, the calmness with which he spoke of the atrocity. "You wouldn't believe the number of mechs who appreciate your frame. Jazz even comes second to you. But none of them want me. I never get the warmth that you take for granted."

"I don't." I insisted. Of course I couldn't tell him if he was going to go back to that Pit-hole , so I had to ask. "Will you stay?"

He scoffed, "Does anyone want me there?"

"I do, and Pit take anyone who says otherwise."

Neither of us were left alone again.

Epilogue

-NOTE

These were used with permission. Ratchet has not attempted to kill himself since. I'm not even sure he would have gone through with it, had Wheeljack not been there. He already hadn't gone through with it 5-6 times before this. Ratchet still works on injured mechs, but if you all ask him now, he operates on mechs lucky enough to survive, and stupid enough to get injured. He never lets up on the Lambo Twins and their 'Jet Judo'. Wheeljack blows himself up less often, and Makeshift (now going by Mirage) is one of our best Spec Ops mechs.

-Smokescreen

--PS I'm glad Ratchet finally found something worth living for, even if it took him several thousand years.