chapter one.

The rush of the children in the hallways, the bright chinos dotted around in little clusts. American high-school, and it looked good. Before this I was living in England with my mum,we lived in a small apartment,I went to an all girls school, I had two best friends and everything was good but then she got a job over in Los Angeles as a designer for the rich and famous and now I’ve got to come to school over here. My mum had just dropped me off and I was now standing with the old,bald and small headteacher. “Bella!Bella. Come with me to room C102, that will be your form room” and with that he dragged me through the crowds.

As we reached room C102 my heart started pumping, what if I didn’t fit in properly? What if they hated me? Well it was too late now. I walked in cautiously and I saw in one corner a cheerleader crying - I think it was over a boy. In another corner a load of jocks taking the mick out of the geeky kids and then there was the middleish kids just getting on with there own stuff. Everyone turned around to look at me, the headteacher just started to talk I wasn't paying much attention until he said “and this is Bella Stoke, she's new here and I hope you can all welcome her in nicely. Kirsty you will be her buddy! Hope you can welcome her nicely” and then he pushed me over to Kirsty, said goodbye and then left.

“Hey, I'm Kirsty and I’m 14 years old. Lets see whether we have got any lessons together?” wow. She was loud already, I suppose I'll just have to speak up. Its alright she was in the middleish groups and she defo had her own sense of style and she was so pretty I was surprised she wasn’t in the cheerleaders group. I was quite pretty I had brown hair with natural blonde highlights and green eyes. I also had holiday tanned skin but that was probably because I’d spent the whole summer in Malibu! I handed Kirsty my timetable and she checked it out “Wow. The only lessons we don’t have together are drama and computer studies. They are your last two lessons today but first we can go over to your locker.” She pulled me out the class.

I reached my locker and Kirsty showed me how to choose a code. “is it okay if I just pop to the girls room? Its just down the corridor. I'll be back in a moment and then we'll go to cooking?” Kirsty said. “Yeah sure, I don’t mind I need to put some stuff in here anyway!” I smiled at her as she walked off. I put my stuff in my locker and turned to walk to the girls room, I was texting and then I heard I bump. I looked up and there was the most gorgeous boy ever. He had blonde sweepy hair, blue eyes and the pinkest lips.

“Oh I am so sorry – Bella isn’t it?” He knew my name, actually I think he was one of the jocks in my form oh dear.

“Yeah, don’t worry about it – I weren’t looking where I was going!” I smiled.

“Haha! Typical girls! Where you off too? Class has started!” As he spoke I looked around and firstly realised that we were way to close to each other and also that everyone had gone inside.

“Oh no. I have to go, I cant be late for my first ever lesson its cooking in H403 where is that?”

“Follow me, I’m going there too!”

We walked quickly through the halls until we reached a sweet smelling room.

“Mmh. This smells good!” I looked up and smiled at him. “yeah, that’s why its called a cooking room!By the way – my names Dylan!” Dylan – such a cute but a bit of a players name. Great, school looks like its going to be a bit of fun! We walked in and I went and stood next to Kirsty.

“Bella, I am so sorry, I forgot about you! Who brought you here?” Kirsty seemed scared but I just smiled kind of goofily. “Um, Dylan did, I kind of bumped into him in the hallway and he said that since he was coming here he'd show me the way. Bless him.” Kirsty looked kind of shocked, “Dylan doesn't help anyone unless he wants something – watch out!”

the rest of the day went well I hanged around with Kirsty and her friends and sat with them in drama and computer studies because Kirsty wasn't with me. And then the bell rang and it was the end of the day. Mum came and picked me up in the car, I could have walked but I wanted her to pick me up on the first day just so that I could clear up the route I walked home.