chapter nine.

It was him. With her. Kissing outside the girls toliets, it was sick. My mouth was held open and I could hear the sicky slurpy noises. I tried to stop it, the gooey bits threw out of my mouth and I was sick everywhere. Dylan looked up at me and stared, he ran up to me and tried to touch me with his guilt ridden hands.

"Go away, don't you dare even try and touch me.How could you? Just go away!" I ran, my heart was beating, tears were rolling down my cheek. I sprinted past burgerville where I saw kirsty with her eyes wide open, she signalled me to stop. But I couldn't, I ran out of the mall and past an old lady and all the way to my house. I let myself in and just as I was about to scream I fell into Toby. Ah a boy,just what I needed.

"Belly. Look at me sweetie, whats the matter? You look a right old mess! Come with me and lets sort you out then you can tell your old brother whats the matter." He was so nice and I was so grateful and happy that there was someone there to look out for ,me. I walked up the stairs and he sat me down on my bed and then went and got a flannel for me.

"He was there. At the mall. Kissing a girl, I mean its not - like I go out with him but it still feels wrong! For the last couple of months he has been going on and on and on about how we were going to be going out as soon as I decided and everything and then he did that." I sighed and looked at Toby , he looked angry. But no matter how annoyed I was at Dylan I couldn't stop Toby and Dylan from there friendship, they were so close now and I couldn't stop them being friends.

"Come here." Toby motioned me over to him. He wiped my face and just told me not to worry and boys were going to mess me up someday and so its better to have it done now! I sat and laid on my bed while he went and made me lunch, I didn't want any but he forced me to because I hadn't eaten anything and also because I had been sick. Whilst he was downstairs I thought carefully, I had never loved anyone and that's why it was taking me time to trust Dylan. I would have asked him if he wanted to go out someday when we were at the school dance but he'd blown it. Completely.

I had fallen into a bit of a drift when I heard the door go. I heard Kirsty's voice, I cant believe I left her like that there. She must have got so annoyed! Toby and Kirsty were talking for about 10 minutes before they decided to make an entrance. She looked at me with sympathy. Toby excused himself and went downstairs and then Kirsty just ran up to me.

"I AM SO SORRY. I can't believe I didn't come straight away! I just made sure I sorted Dylan out first. Toby told me the whole story and Dylan just lied and said you were sick when you saw him, but now I know why! How could he? He has been trying to get Toby to get you conviced to go out with him and then he does this! Boys eh!" She came and nudged me over and then got under the covers.

"I know this sounds weird but i'm happy now its happened! Because I used to read magazines about teen stuff like break-ups but I never thought this was how best friends were supposed to act! You've been so nice to me and i'm happy to have you!" I smiled weakly at her, I ate my lunch which she ended up having to bring up as Toby was way to lazy and then we went downstairs and watched "the proposal" until mum came home. I didn't tell her what had happened because it was bad enough Toby knew!

After Kirsty went home, we all sat down on the table and ate dinner, for once we were eating something healthy - chicken Caesar salad and water. I felt ill so mum let me go to bed.

I got changed and laid down in bed I thought of the day's happenings; I had school tomorrow and even though Toby helped me today he wouldn't be able to tomorrow. The only time he's ever visited our school was for dances, anyone was allowed to come to school dances. But now I was stuffed, I didn't want to see Dylan tomorrow and all I had was Kirsty to protect me.

I fell into a deep sleep, with a wrenching feeling of not wanting to get up tomorrow.