Chapter Two

Sarah

"So you moved from California?" my science lab partner asked. I nodded.

I had chemistry first, and we were going over the syllabus. My crazy lab partner, whose name I learned was Brittany, talked through the entire thing. Of course, I wasn't listening. I was thinking about how my baby sister was probably sitting in her class terribly confused because her teacher was saying a million words a minute. Or worse, she was in detention because she was late and couldn't give an excuse.

"Are you okay?" Brittany asked. I looked at her, confused. "Your face sort of scrunched up there for a second."

"I'm fine," I said quietly, turning my attention to the teacher.

The phone suddenly started ringing. The teacher answered and replied, "Yes, I'll send her right down."

He looked towards the class, looking around. "Sarah Blackwell, you're leaving early."

I frowned. Early?

I walked to the office to find my mom pacing back and forth and my dad yelling at some poor guy.

"What's going on?" I asked.

My mom suddenly sunk into a chair and started sobbing, while my dad sat next to her and started to rub her back soothingly.

I looked around, not seeing Emily. If I was going to leave early, then my parents would've pulled her out, too.

"Where's Em?" I asked. No one answered. "Mom, where's Emily?"

My mom's sobs had lowered until she was just silently crying. I looked to the guy who my dad had previously been yelling at. "Where is she?" I asked him.

He sighed. "She has been taken," he said simply.

"Taken?" my mom yelled. "She was kidnapped by that bastard of an Alpha!"

The man growled at the insult to his Alpha. I knew my mom's wolf was probably behind that outburst, even though it goes against her nature to insult her Alpha.

I sat down in a nearby chair, putting my head in my hands. Why did the Alpha want my sister?

--------------------

Mark

I entered the school and headed to the office, with the intention of finding out where the Blackwells lived. I walked into the office, suddenly smelling the most amazing scent. I looked around, finding a crying couple, and a few chairs down, a gorgeous woman sitting with her head in her hands.

'Mate,' my wolf said. The girl looked up at me, shocked. I frowned. She was crying. 'Why is she crying, she should not be sad. She just found her mate. Who made her cry? Was it a boy? I swear, whoever touched my mate-'

"MINE!" I lunged for her and pulled her tightly to mine. "Who made you cry, sweet mate. I swear, I will rip their throat out and feed it to the dogs," I said to her.

She sniffled and struggled against me. "Let go of me," she said quietly.

I growled and pulled her closer. "Mine."

"Excuse me, but you need to let go of her," the woman who was crying earlier said.

I growled. "Min-"

She cut me off. "Yes, yes, I know. Your's. But I would really appreciate not having both of my daughters taken from me today."

I stopped. Both of her daughters?

I looked down at my mate, who had stopped struggling. "What's your name, little mate?"

She glared at me. "I am not little."

I laughed. "You are to me. Now what is your name?"

She looked away and didn't answer.

I growled, then took a chance. "Sarah," I said very low. If she was human, she wouldn't have heard.

She looked up at me, and narrowed her eyes. I smiled. "So, Sarah, how would you like to see your sister?"