Chapter 11

Edited

_______________________________

"I'll give you a couple minutes to think about everything I just said. I'm so sorry, Mrs. McClister." The doctor said rubbing my arm in a comforting way while walking out of the doorway, leaving me in my own silence. And that was when I broke down. I just started sobbing. I pushed my tears off of my cheeks and took out my phone.

I dialed Harry's number and after 2 rings he answered. There was a bunch of rustling around on the other side of the line and him telling a bunch of people to be quiet and that he had to take this call.

"Hey. Sorry Nic, I was in the studio with the boys." He said into the phone.

"It's fine." I said sniffling into the phone.

"Aw, baby. Are you crying? What's going on, love?" He said into the phone. But that was when I lost all my composure. I was stuttering all over my words and I couldn't hold back anymore.

"T-the d-d-doct-ctor said that I-I-I should take-take her off life support," I said sobbing into the phone.

"Oh baby, I'm gonna come down there, okay? I'll talk to Simon or something. Just do what you think is best!"

"I don't want to lose her, but the doctor said she is in so much pain. What should I do?"

"I know you don't wanna lose her, but you don't want her in pain, do you?" He said, and I knew he was right.

"No, but she is the only family I have left." I said sighing into the phone.

"Listen love, you still have us. And I know she means a lot to you, but you need to put her out of her misery. I will be there every step of the way no matter what. I love you and AK so much, and you are such a strong woman, I know you will make the right decision. I remember meeting Kiara when we first started going out and she is a spitting image of you, a wonderful, amazing person, but maybe right now is her time to go."

He said to me, and I could tell he was getting choked up because his words sounded shaky.

"I seriously love you so much, Harry. Thank you, boo." I said into the phone.

"I love you too, baby girl. I miss you already and it has only been like a day or 2."He said chuckling into the phone.

"Please try to get here when you can, it's so hard without you." I said into the phone.

"I'm looking up flights right now, Nicole."

The doctor walked back in so I decided I had to get off of the phone.

"Hey Harry, the doctor is back. I'll call you back."

We said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

"I think that I want to just take her off. I don't want to put her through so much pain." It hurt so much saying that, but I had to do what was best.

She nodded. "I'm so sorry for your loss, Nicole."

"But could you please wait 2 days until my boyfriend gets here. We all want to say our goodbyes."

"Of course. No problem." She stood up an so did I in response.

We both walked out and I saw AJ in the hallway playing with yoys with a nurse.

"Are you ready to go, cutie?" I said walking up to her.

"Mama, Mama. Meet Elizabeth! She is the nice nurse that has been playing with me!" She said running up to me and jumping into my arms.

"That's great, baby! Why don't you say goodbye so we can grab some lunch and go sight seeing a little bit. And guess what? Daddy is coming out here today or tomorrow!" I said putting her back down on the floor tickling her sides.

"HAHA MAMA! STOP MAMA!" She said laughing at my while I pinched her sides. I let go of her and she grabbed her jacket and and said goodbye and then walked right past me.

"COME ON PESDANT!" AJ said to me and grabbed my arm. Now she is deciding to call me a 'peasant?' Yeah, she has been with Lou too long. I rolled my eyes and turned to the nurse.

"Thanks for looking after her! I really appreciate it since she can be a handful sometimes!" I said smiling at her.

"No problem, she is so adorable!"

"Well thank you!" I said giving her a soft hug before turning back to follow AJ down the hallway to the elevator.

She clicked the down arrow and looked up at me.

"Mommy, up-y?" She said to me. It meant she wanted me to pick her up and just cuddle her in my arms.

"Come here, baby." I said lifting her up.

We left the hospital and walked to our rental car. We walked back into the hotel and decided to get some room service before going out. I was thinking of driving her to sea world or something since she loves dolphins. But we will see what happens because it's already 2:30 and she is gonna need a nap soon.