Chapter 1: Meeting Frost Giants

It wouldn't be wrong for you to call me the odd or crazy person in a class room or at home. I'd been hearing it all my whole life.

I understand that I am a tech whiz and a video game nerd but, there was somethings that I couldn't quite understand about why they would always happen to me.

Like this one time, I was in the second grade and we were on a field trip to the New York Metropolitan. My teacher made me so mad when she told me to return back the bus because of my behavior. All of a sudden all the pipes from the water fountain burst like a geyser and sprayed Mrs. Galdings so bad, she'd looked like she'd took a dive in the East River.

There was another time when I went to take a bath, after my aunt screamed at me out of nowhere. I stepped out then bathroom for a while and she was soaking wet and the sink in the kitchen had exploded. It was quite weird if you ask me.

This is my story, a pretty ugly story, but it it's my story. My name is Roman Kirby, I'm a normal thirteen year old boy, at least I thought I was. It was about a month ago when I realized otherwise and everything about my life changed completely. Oh, and by the way, this is not a diary, it's a journal. A J-o-u-r-n-a-l.

"Does my butt look big in this?" Lailah cried as I stepped into her room, "I'm trying out to be a cheerleader and no one cares!"

Her room was a complete mess, she had rubble and dirt all over the carpet, clothes and shoes thrown all over her closet and bed, the mini garbage was flooded with trash, her dinner plate was sitting on her desk from last night; a plate full of pink shrimps, crab, and fries with cocktail sauce.

"I just came to borrow a pencil for school, I didn't come to give opinions," I snagged a pencil off of her highboy, "but if I'd have to say, it makes your butt look humongous."

I snickered as I shut the door, hearing Lailah bawl out in Russian.

She isn't Russian, but she studies the Russian language at school. I'd never seen her like this, panicking and worrying, I have to admit, I got joy from seeing her frustration, but any other day she would of been harassing me, while I panicked.

Anyways, it was two days before Valentines day, it was a thursday.
The smell of warm butter and sugary syrup lingered through the air of our New York apartment. The dinner table was covered in a assortment of breakfast foods; muffins, eggo waffles, eggs, sausage, toast, and three cups of OJ.

See Lailah and I live with our Aunt Anni on our mothers side. We used to live with our parents when we were babies, Lailah was two and I was a one, I don't even remember it but Lailah had a bunch of pictures of us back in those day. The last time we'd even seen our parents was last year when they flew into New York to visit us for Thanksgiving, and that only lasted a couple of hours. They just abandoned us. No matter how much Lailah and I questioned them about why they left us, they would shove the question around and abandon us again.We didn't even know where they lived, probably in China.

"Good morning!" Anni was sliding butter all over the waffles.
It made my mouth water.

Lailah came rushing down the hallway slipping into the dinning room. Her black hair was long, frizzy, and curly, her normally pale skin wasn't pale anymore, it was as if it was the color of the tip of Rudolphs nose. She looked exhausted, her eyes were laid low and she had colossal bags under her eyes. She was dressed for the cold day in some blue cramped jeans and a red turtle neck.

See Lailah was a very, very smart girl. If I could repeat the word "very" a billion times, I would because it explains how smart she is. She's one of those smart girls who actually cares about how she is portrayed and the way she looks. That's why it takes her nearly a hour to get ready in the morning.