Better and Better

"So what am I supposed to do for food!"

Twilight was understandably upset with this latest revelation.

"Calm down Twilight," Fluttershy felt odd saying those words that she herself were so often told, "It's not like you can't eat a daisy sandwich, it's just that you won't get enough nutrition for that to be a long term solution."

"So what? I'm slowly going to starve to death unless I find the counter spell soon? Am I going to-"

Fluttershy could tell Twilight was in full freak out mode. "No, there are plenty of things-" she attempted to calm Twilight down, but the panicking wolf paid no attention.

"-what about Celestia! Promise me you won't tell her!"

"Twilight I think it would be best if we did tell-

Twilight unheedingly continued "If she finds out she'll have me hunted! I'll be banished! I'll have to leave Equestria and fight animals for scraps of food! what if-"

"NO! She can't find out about this! If she hears I tried a spell without knowing what might happen- Or if she finds out what I've turned into- Promise me you won't let her find out!"

"But I think she might be able to-"

"Promise me!" Twilight's mane was frazzled and only getting worse as she frantically glanced around the room, as if expecting the solar monarch to be hiding in the room, ready to jump out and banish her.

Fluttershy hated seeing Twilight like this, but sometimes friends just need a little- what did Applejack call it?- "hoof-to-flank motivation."

Fluttershy had long since sworn to herself never to use the stare on any of her friends. In fact she only used her power on her animal friends when they threatened herself or others, but in this odd situation Fluttershy decided to ignore the paradoxical nature of Twilight's predicament and use it on her anyway. Fluttershy held the stare on Twilight and called her name, when she looked she was frozen immediately.

Twilight's spiraling decent into social, ethical, and dietary madness was stemmed before it got too bad, but seeing as "too bad" in Twilight terms case meant she hadn't yet begun to plot any elaborate and ill-contrived conspiracies, she was still far from ok. When she was sure Twilight had stopped her panicking Fluttershy averted her gaze from the frozen wolf.

"Twilight, I Pinkie-Promise I won't let Celestia Know until you're comfortable with it." That visibly calmed her formerly frantic friend. "Now, I have an idea for something you can eat, but I don't have any right now. So for now we'll just have to go to the Cakes to get something else, ok?"

Twilight nodded, "Yes, I'm starving. ...and thanks for stopping me. I know how I get when I'm stressed and... well... thanks."

"It's not a problem, I just don't want you to be upset. I'm sure we'll have this sorted out soon."

"Thanks Fluttershy, So off to the cakes then? I'm starving!"

-------------------------------------

Most ponies were off the streets by dusk. Other than for good reason, almost all ponies were home safe by the time Celestia's sphere crossed the west horizon and Luna's broke the east.

This night was no different, Twilight had worried about the reactions she may get, but that became a non-issue as they walked the empty streets to Sugarcube Corner.

"Thanks for doing this for me Fluttershy."

"Oh it's no problem Twi. I'll just go in and get the food for you and we can go back to the library with it. ...if that's ok with you?"