Answers

"No," Luna replied cautiously, "While I possessed much power under the Nightmare's influence, producing sentient life is something that only the Creators could do."

The first, and most preliminary factor of Twilight's revelation was realized!

"Princess! That is great news! That means that they are not what Celestia thinks they are! If they were not created by the nightmare then there is no reason to fear them! They can coexist with ponies!"

Luna frowned, "It is not that easy Twilight Sparkle, there are many predators in the Everfree not summoned by the Nightmare, and none of them are able to live alongside their food. It is impossible for predators and prey to live in peace."

Twilight's confidence did not falter, "At face value, I'd agree. I myself have found constantly resisting the draw of ...meat... to be very difficult. I can see well now how to baser creatures it would be nigh impossible to resist. Life together would be impossible on a mass scale." she said with a pause,

"...but with the Timberwolves I think we can live together!" Twilight said with a sharp-toothed smile that put the already tense remaining guards even more on edge, "Really, now that I see it, it should have been obvious from the start, but I was too preoccupied to see the signs along the way."

"What do you mean Twilight Sparkle?" Luna asked, confusion clear, and yet hope also daring to tinge her voice.

"I mean, I know how ponies and Timberwolves can live in peace! It's been, quite literally, right in front of our noses the whole time!" The growing excitement in the purple wolf was spreading to Luna as well, the guards not finding it as amusing.

"Speak! Speak! Out with it!" Luna pleaded, beginning to feel the hype Twilight was exuding.

Twilight back-tracked a little in her mind, "Well the first clue was when Bark Back showed me their 'food reserves' which consisted of a compost heap. At the time I thought nothing of it, assuming that it was merely spoiled food, but later when I thought about it I realized that they had no reason to have any plant matter as food, let alone decomposing plant-matter. "

The princess of the night appeared not to understand, staring blankly at the still-yipping wolf.

"That's not all! They explained how they had their illnesses treated by Zecora, but what illnesses could they possibly have? Only livingthings can get sick. They are not animals, obviously, but still get sick, so they must be made out of living wood!"

"This is all well and good, but how does this help us again? Them being made of living wood does not appear to mean much to the situation at hoof."

"-But it does! It means everything!" Twilight said, re-adjusting her stance so she was squared off with the Night Princess, "This is the part that I'm surprised nopony saw, or rather smelled, sooner! Think about it, most ponies have no reason to know beyond 'terrible' but what does Timberwolf breath smell like?" Twilight asked hopefully.

"I am not wholly familiar with the scent. What is it?"

"It's important, I want to be absolutely sure about this. Please, just try to place the smell for me." Twilight urged.

"Fine then. Captain! bring one of the Timberwolves here, post-haste."

Twilight followed with her eyes as the stallion carried on his way out after a salute.

Twilight turned her attention back to Luna expecting to be bombarded with a volley of questions before the stallion could return, but was surprised to find Luna looking at the nearest window apparently deep in thought.