Chapter 4 - Delirious

The footsteps are approaching faster than ever. 

They march to a beat that shakes my soul with remembrance. 

Remembrance of a time before this. 

Before all of this madness. 

I am dancing in this time, dancing with Mason.  It all seems too distant for my taste. 

They’re rushing in, they’re rushing in.  The lab coats and the soldiers invade my small, used-to-be haven of a cave.  The marching beat still pounds. 

I cannot think. 

I cannot breath.

 Monstrous humans are grabbing at my back, wrestling me to the floor. 

All I see is red.  Red and blinding white; these evil colors fill my eyesight.

I am struggling, gasping for air.  I need something, anything, to hold on to.  I need something to keep me from going insane. 

The monsters are hauling me onto their shoulders, and my fear skyrockets.  On instinct, I catch on fire.  My inferno dances around the room, casting light on the once dark shadows. 

Maybe I have gone insane. 

Maybe I am too far-gone. 

Is this even real?

 I cannot even seem to keep my thoughts in one place as they throw me upon the ground in horror, and standing up seems to take years.  A million thoughts per second.  I do not know why that is so funny, but all of the sudden I am doubled over, laughing hysterically. 

The fear in the monsters’ eyes only fuels my laughter.  Theirs screams do as well. 

*

*

*

The screams fade to whispers, the laughter fades to tears, and my red fades to black. 

A/N: Hey Guys! This is just a quick inbetweener. So I see all of these people reading my story chapters, but I never get any feedback.  I'm not going to whine about it, I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on my writing.  Go ahead and comment or PM me with what you think, and I most definitley will not take it personally. Sorry for such a long Author's Note.. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU BYE:)