Chapter 8 To Be A God

He stood back, watching Herbadum sit in the grass.

Herbadum sat still, his brow robes covered in old patches and tears. His dirty white beard peaking out from his hooded face. He sighed gently as he took a deep breathe of the mountain air. All of his concentration on a wilted flower, holding his hands gently around it. "Live," the sound only a gentle whisper. A wave of life seemed to roll across the grass and flowers around him, they all reached out towards Herbadum. The wilted flower slowly began to unfurl and straighten, the dying brown color of its stem and petals began to fade. He smiled at the beautiful blue petals and green stem of the flower as it began to gently sway in the wind.

Herbadum climbed to his feet slowly, rubbing his palms together to brush off the dirt and rocks. He pulled his hood back and stared up into the sun as it slowly began to lower towards the mountains. "It was nice of you to meet me Chianthenar (Chie-ann-then-are)."

"It's Von'Roth now brother, just as you are now Herbadum." He spit out the word brother. Von'Roth was tall with tan brown skin that covered an extremely muscled physique. His head nearly bald accept for the area just above his ears, a patch that went up nearly a full inch.The black hair was long and pulled back tightly along the sides of his head, held together with a band in the back. The ponytail reaching well past his waist in length. His eyes were completely golden just like Herbadum's.

Herbadum stepped next to Von'Roth and stood up straight, his old wrinkled flesh beginning to smooth, his long white beard seeming to shrink into his face. Moments later he looked nearly the same as Von'Roth, save for the long and free hair that grew from his head. "Very well, brother. We have much to discuss."

"We have nothing to discuss. I came to this meeting simply to let you know I will no longer be attending. This shall be our last meeting,you see I've already won. Solanth belongs to me. Your small group of rebels is hopelessly outnumbered." Von'Roth said.

"You're right about one thing, and one thing only. This will be our last meeting. The Oath will soon be fulfilled. And then there will be nothing to stop me from fighting you. My Koregai will return, and I shall rise again. The next time I see you shall be your death." As soon as Herbadum finished talking he disappeared, leaving a small breeze where he had stood.

Von'Roth walked to the blue flower that danced in the wind and ripped it out of the ground, lifting it to his face. "Then why is it that everything you create always ends up serving me brother?" He pulled the energy out of the flower and into himself. The flower turned to dust, it's particles floating away with the wind. 

.....

The town hall in Bistrolle was quiet as Ayamesh sat in one of the many chairs in the room, staring at his table in the center of the room. The Enraldi they had captured, who could have realized... Rygon's brother. Told to find him by Herbadum. 

He stared at the open book on his desk, his eyes widening. Did he dare hope? No, not yet. He stood, walking over to his chair and sitting once more. He began flipping through the pages, stopping near the end at the spot he'd been looking for.

So we know it was Von'Roths treachery that corrupted the Koregai, and turned them into what they are now. But how did he take control of the Enraldi? How does he make them follow him? What is it about the Enraldi side that makes them forget everything of who they were? If the Koregai could be corrupted, then can the Enraldi be saved?

These four questions I've been unable to answer as of yet. I suspect the only one who knows the answer is Von'Roth himself. 

Ayamesh closed the book and went down to his knees, prostrating himself across the floor. "Herbadum, my god. Help me to see your purpose in this." The silence stretched across the room as he lay there, unsure of the words to say. "I see your hand in bringing Rennar to me. Is he a tool for me to use, to learn from. Or should I help him. Is it possible that he could change to light, as the Koregai changed?" 

"It's possible." 

Ayamesh quickly looked up and stared wide eyed. He lowered himself back to the floor once more, "My Lord Herbadum, I am blessed to be graced with your appearance. What would you have of me?"

"Rennar is mine. He may be an Enraldi now. But he has it inside of him to be more. He has Koregai inside of him. I leave it to you to guide him. He has purpose to fight The Enraldi inside of him already. Guide this purpose. If you can bring out the Fury of the Righteous inside of him he will be all Koregai, and not be in Von'Roth's control. While it lasts." 

"I shall do as you have commanded my God. Thank you for blessing us with this hope. And for your continued efforts to keep your humble servants in Bistrolle safe from Emperor Von'Roth. We are truly blessed." Ayamesh finished, and remained prostrate as he awaited his response. As the silence lengthened he slowly raised his head, staring around the town hall. It was empty of all but him once more.

A/N: Let me know what you think! As always I appreciate your thoughts and opinions on my writing. Also, I love to hear any theories you might have.