Chapter 23: Woken (The End)

My eyes shot open. I looked around, and I was in a hospital bed. My brain just stopped for a minute.

"You finally woke up!" Someone called out to me.

"What?" I look around. My old mom came into the room.

"You've been in a coma ever since that accident happened! Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah...but I'm confused as hell." I reply weakly.

"Turns out that Asylum we sent you to was abandoned for years. We need to get you some real help." She smiled at me.

"What accident happened?" I thought about what she said before.

"They almost killed you, which made you go into a coma."

"Where's Aiden and Tori?"

"Aiden woke up like 2 days ago, and Tori woke up just like 4 hours ago! Thank god your awake!" She hugged me.

"Can I see them?"

"Sure, I'll call them in." She said as she walked out of the door.

Hold on a second....was this all real or fake? Because this "dream"....sounded so vivid and real! I thought as I sat up. Aiden, Sarah and Tori came bursting in.

"Your awake! YAS GURL!" Tori screams as she hugs me.

"Did I really have shadow powers and shit?" I bursted out.

They all just gave me a confused look.

"Hold on! Aiden had werewolf abilities! And...a-and Tori was like a ghost! And Sarah, you admitted yourself to the Asylum and they almost caught us following us into forests and stuff and we had a shadow dad and a ghost mother!" I randomly scream.

"Sounds like you also had the same dream we all had." Aiden smirked at me.

"BUT WAS IT REAL?"

"Nope. It was all a dream. No matter how real it felt, it's not. The only real thing that happened is that we went to an insane asylum."

"So are we all just insane, or do we all really have powers!" I wailed, I was so curious!

"Well, we are truly insane thanks to the Asylum workers, yet we ARE different because those powers DID stick to us." Aiden says as he pulled out his fangs.

"And yeah, I'm a necromancer, I can see ghosts and talk to them and bring them alive." Tori says.

"And you DO become a shadow. Well, at night to everyone else. The doctors wanted to get rid of all our so called "disorders", but ended up putting us in comas. Tori says.

"What about shadow dad and ghost mom?"

"I guess we are insane, since WE can only see em."

"So the adventure part isn't true, yet the powers are?" I ask.

"Yep...well, I remember the dream. And we ARE getting sent to a new asylum. Maybe we can turn the dream into a reality?" Tori says as she smirks to everyone. We all nod and agree as I get up and we all exit the room. I quickly see shadow dad gimme a smirk as he exits into a wall.

Well, in the end, I guess you can say I kinda AM insane, AND different.