Chapter 8

Short but I haven't updated in months. Now that the Fosters is back on I'll be updating more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connors dad drives away in the back of the police car. I run downstairs to find Connor trembling on the floor. Lena is crying and Stef is comforting them while making a call.

"What happened?!" I shout.

"Can I please talk to Jude for a minute?" Connor manages to cry out.

Stef and Lena nod but give me a glare. They exit the room slowly.

"Connor what the hell happened?" I'm sobbing as I say it.

"My-my dad was  drunk. He's always drunk. And-he-just-charged at me." His words barely come out and sound more like a jumble of sounds but I manage to understand it.

Connors dad had the audacity to beat up his son in front of my parents. It enraged me. It saddened me. The thought that Connor constantly had to lay hopelessly on the  ground while getting attacked by the person who was supposed to love him most.

I bent down and kissed Connor. Then I sat and I put his head in my lap. We sat there for such a long time. Crying. Taking it all in. I loved Connor. He deserved the best and this wasn't it. Where were they going to take him now?